What's new

I'm new here and mostly new to Apple

iphone-y

Reaction score
I have not owned an Apple product since I built an Apple IIe many years ago. After owning a few Windows Smartphones (O2, Moto), I've finally succumb to an iPhone (well iPhone 4 on order).

I am a keen amateur photographer and Aviation nut. The iPhone 4 has won me over with its key features (5Mp cam, HD video cam, and great screen). Plus my 32Gb Creative M MP3 player has finally died, so this tipped the balance.

I have had a long life in Technology, starting in the Valve era and have seen and been part of the amazing ride through discrete transistors, ICs, surface mount and the journey through the PC industry from the 4bit days.

A leopard never loses its spots the saying goes, and in my mid 60's I'm still happy to take on whatever new Technology comes along. Soon to be upgrading to a high level Canon EOS camera.

Use a Uniden scanner to follow my Aviation/Photography interests. And operate a now mild level HP Pavillon DV7-1104 17" notebook. Core 2 Duo with 3.7Tb of storage (lots of photos). I use a large number of apps but in daily use are ACDSee, Paintshop Pro, VLC player, AVS4YOU video apps, CodewalletPro, Magellan Explorer, OpenOffice, Winamp, iTunes, Ultimate Defrag. Not to forget MS Outlook and Firefox.

I've just downloaded the iPhone 4 UG, so I'm off to have a good read.

Cheers Anton....

Last edited:
Good morning and welcome. The ip4 has an impressive camera. After sync, i import the photos into iphoto on my imac. The pictures are surprisingly sharp with good resolution of details. Reds are a bit over saturated. From your gear list, appears some of us can learn a few things from you.

Welcome to the forum from the Bluegrass State! This a the place for some awesome resources and a lot of people who know their stuff.