What's new

If you are buying a iPhone 4S, how much memory are you going to get?

How much memory are you going to get?

• 16GB

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • 32GB

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • 64GB

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
Nothing less than 32GB, but will probably get the 64GB.

I've ordered the 32gb. Other than pics and videos, most of my other is calendar, contacts and docs. Not much on the tunes though, so I should be good with that. Can't wait to see the difference the processor and data speed make!

EmceeGeek said:
Hoping the 32GB is going to be enough, if not... IDK! I know the 32GB wasn't enough with my iPad 2. *crosses fingers*

I really don't see how you guys fill up that much space.

For me, I want to have enough memory so that I don't fill it up. It's a major PITA when you have to decide what to keep on a device and what to take off because you are out of space. I sold my 30GB iPod classic and bought a 120GB classic when my music collection hit 32GB. That way I still have my entire music collection on my iPod and have space to spare for games, videos, etc. I'll never sell my classic now.

As far as the iPhone goes, for me, it's gonna be all about apps & HD videos.
thumbsup3.gif

And don't get me started on "cloud computing."
lol.gif
skepleavingl.gif

Last edited:
iCrank said:

Seriously. When I had the 16GB I still had more than half the space, and I had a lot of stuff on it. I guess I really don't have to have the 64GB model, but I'm getting it just cause.... I want it.

I just thought about something. The only smart phone I've had the full length of my 2 year contact, was the AT&T's HTC 8525, it's predecessor was the AT&T Tilt. Anyway since that time nearly every year I've gotten a new phone BB Bold, Moto Q9H, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, and now an HTC Inspire 4G. But I'm always upgrading, so the conclusion of the matter is I'll get a white 32GB iPhone 4S. Because chances are I will get the next iPhone when it is released, mainly because the hardware will change and it will be necessary for a certain feature exclusive for that device. Like Siri is to the 4S.

Siri might upgrade to the 4S with the 5 comes out...or it might not. I'm guessing that with the screen size being bigger on the 5 (if it is)...there will also be a bunch of other new functions. Siri will most likely have an upgrade to it's next stage in life, but I guess that iPhone 4S users will get the "Siri update" seeing as how they have it.

I have about 20 playlists and 6 20 minute exercise videos that I like to keep on my iPad/phone plus about 120 aps. I used up more than 15GB. That's why i am going for the 32 GB.

I pre ordered my 4S on Friday with which I have gone for 16GB, as I already own a iPad 2 with 32GB......so between devices that is plenty, plus what with Christmas coming up, it is all I can afford, but what with over 200 new features coming in OS 5 I am more then happy with 16GB :)

I already ordered the 64GB iPhone 4S. But my reasons are different that most. I have a 32GB iPhone 4 now and that's more than sufficient. But my view is that with the likely introduction of LTE to the iPhone 5, there's a decent chance that I'll switch a year from now to Verizon from AT&T currently. If that's the case, I'll be breaking contract and incurring an ETF. So I might as well maximize the carrier subsidy and get the 64GB version now. Then, when I sell it a year from now, I'll get the highest price possible. At that point I'll probably go down to the 32GB which will likely be a wash, cost wise, with a new subsidy.