What's new

ICloud icon

wwahl

Reaction score
How do I get an ICloud icon onto the desktop of the phone? Do I need this? How does ICloud work? No directions came with the phone.

icloud location is in settings. no icon i know of. just go to settings/icloud and set up your account. it has some nice options from storing items such as contacts and pictures, backing up your phone so you can restore without using itunes. it will stream pictures took with your phone to your icloud account on a computer so you can save them without downloading them. you can add pictures to your icloud account on your computer and it will upload to your phone.

icloud location is in settings. no icon i know of. just go to settings/icloud and set up your account. it has some nice options from storing items such as contacts and pictures, backing up your phone so you can restore without using itunes. it will stream pictures took with your phone to your icloud account on a computer so you can save them without downloading them. you can add pictures to your icloud account on your computer and it will upload to your phone.
Will this cause additional stress on the battery?

Just like everything on the phone it will take up some battery when in use. I believe it backs up your stuff ounce daily.

If u watch Brian Tong's Cnet apple byte, he had one a couple weeks back that let you add system settings to the homes deem as shortcuts. I remember that iCloud was one of them.

darweshs said:
If u watch Brian Tong's Cnet apple byte, he had one a couple weeks back that let you add system settings to the homes deem as shortcuts. I remember that iCloud was one of them.

Then that guy must have used an app like iconproject to make shortcuts in his home screen.

Then that guy must have used an app like iconproject to make shortcuts in his home screen.

There's an app called Icon Craft that allows you to make and add shortcut icons to your home screen. Cant remember if it is free or you have to buy it but it works well. Haven't tried to make an iCloud icon though.

nikstar said:
There's an app called Icon Craft that allows you to make and add shortcut icons to your home screen. Cant remember if it is free or you have to buy it but it works well. Haven't tried to make an iCloud icon though.

There's a free and $1 version. I'll try it out and see how well this works.

So I tried out the free version of this iconcraft thing, and it's good, except that you only get three coins, and each icon uses one coin. You can get up to three more coins by posting your icons to Facebook, but there's no point unless you only want 3 icons.

iMarilina said:
I would suggest turning off icloud backup and just turning it on when you actually want to back stuff up, to avoid drainage and such.

I think it only backs up on wifi, so it won't make that huge of a difference. Probably an extra 1 or 2 percent per hour. And turning it on and off won't actually help unless you disable iCloud itself, because the other services are probably working.