What's new

I want to connect iphone 4 to pc without iphone start charging

vanzemaljac

Reaction score
i just want to sync with itunes for few mins, i know it screws battery so how can i connect it to pc and prevent from charging?

Syncing for just a few minutes doesn't hurt the battery, short charge periods don't hurt the battery.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

how come? isnt unpluging usb before its chargeg fully decreasing batterys durability?

These batteries like to be used. Short charges don't hurt the battery any more than short discharges. If you use the phone heavily for 10 minutes that's not harmful to the battery. Neither is charging it for 10 minutes. Most people partially discharge the battery every day and then charge it again overnight. But additionally Apple says that the battery ought to be fully discharged about once per month:

Use iPhone Regularly

For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

how come? isnt unpluging usb before its chargeg fully decreasing batterys durability?

Prior to the current consumer Lithium-Ion batteries used in cell phones today, IE Nickle-Cadmium, that question would be very relevant. But thankfully Lithium-Ion doesn't have the issues you were taught/read/remember about from even 4 years ago.