What's new

I have lost all sound alerts WTF???

Ppub101

Reaction score
Well today I tried to play Angry birds, and I noticed there was no sounds. I didn't think about and later I received a phone call it vibrated, no sound. Received a text, no sound again.

I then put on my ipod and it played music fine out of the speakers.

Anything else there is zero sounds coming out. I went to settings and all sounds alerts are on except email and the ringer is on high.

I reset the phone back to factory settings synced it back up with itunes and still nothing.

What has happened? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? I have only had my iphone 2 weeks and it has been flawless until now.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

check the silent switch on the side. i would bet thats it. make sure the red strip is not showing. im gambling you accidently hit that and silenced it.
make sure its pushed toward the screen. its the slider above the volume buttons.

just my .02

check the silent switch on the side. i would bet thats it. make sure the red strip is not showing. im gambling you accidently hit that and silenced it.
make sure its pushed toward the screen. its the slider above the volume buttons.

just my .02

WOW..... Talk about feeling stupid! I took of my case to clean my phone and I guess when I put it back in I must have hit the silent switch.

I thought it was an internal setting I might have hit by accident.

Thank you so much man! What a relief! I just feel retarded now. Oh well, newb with the iphone, thank you for the help that was it!

Paul

dont feel stupid. its just a simple error. i did that too thinking my phone was haywire because i lost all keystroke sounds and i flipped that switch and all is good.

im a iphone noob too. i've only had mine a week. i used to be an iphone hater now im a droid hater :D

:D