What's new

I can't figure out how to fix this 'maildataprovider' error.

joe.weyer

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 cracked using the latest version of redsn0w, 0.9.10b4, and every once in a while it crashes due to 'maildataprovider'

I have crash reporter installed as well as syslog, after it crashes it labels the source as 'springboard' and has no primary or secondary suspects, but the third suspect is always 'maildataprovider' and as far as I can tell that is some program for fetching my email from the original apple software, I can't find anything interfering with it. Any suggestions to fix this would be great.

Also it has occasionally listed 'UIKit' as a tertiary suspect a couple times.

I'm getting the same error but I'm working to isolate the issue. I too used redsn0w for mac and jailbroke my ip4 running 5.0.1. I am currently offloading tweaks which I no longer need to isolate the problem. From there I am going to disable many of the tweaks in mobile substrate to isolate the cause. Very frustrating indeed!

I just disconnected my e-mail account from my phone, it used to crash anywhere from 3-10 times a day, and after disconnecting my e-mail account it has only crashed once in the last week, not exactly a good fix but... it's a start

I changed my default email from icloud to hotmail and it hasn't crashed since. Hopefully its all resolved, if it happens again I'm just gonna restore it and start over. Ive been dealing with idevices for three yrs now and this is the first time I've come across this issue.

I had two crashes today back to back, the cause once again maildataprovider, last time i just switched the email accounts i was using on my phone thinking that would work and i thought it did because i havent had a crash in over a week.
I was wrong, so this time i located the maildataprovider plist in my phone using ifile. I copied the file to a folder in my
Downloads app first. Next i went back in and i deleted the file from its original location and rebooted the phone. I'll be
back in touch with the results!

Think i figured it out, my phone hasnt crashed since the 24th! I went into settings then to mail and i just turned off the push notification option for mail and my phone has been fine! Try and let me know if it works for you.

Yup, the maildataprovider crash i was getting has stopped after i turned off mail push notifications. Its July 10th, since i made the changes in my settings my device hasnt crashed since the 24th of june.

Yup, the maildataprovider crash i was getting has stopped after i turned off mail push notifications. Its July 10th, since i made the changes in my settings my device hasnt crashed since the 24th of june.

Is there any way to fix it without turning off push? That's kind of important for me.

Thats the only thing that worked for me. Im still still looking for a better fix. Probably will come in a future update.

I have a jail broken 4 S and iPad 2. I have four email accounts (one Exchange and three Gmail) active on both. I've never experienced this issue. Admittedly, I do not use iCould for my email.