What's new

How to view and read text messages from iPhone, on PC?

kbphoto615

Reaction score
I want to take my SMS history from my iPhone and view it on my PC. Is there an easy way to do this? I have an iPhone 4s jailbroken on 5.1.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated, there's got to be an easy way to do this by now..

iExplorer is a free and pretty user friendly tool. It transfers just about anything you can click on from your iPhone onto your computer (both Mac and Windows). All it does is it roots your iPhone, then you can choose what you want to transfer over and it'll direct you to the directory that they're stored in. Just select the things you want to transfer (in your case your SMS) and just drag and drop them over to your computer.

You can install an iphone tracker, it can record all the text messages even they are deleted by the user. The messages will send to you though email.

Is there a way to do this for only pictures or videos? so that not every single text message is sent to my email?

iExplorer is a free and pretty user friendly tool. It transfers just about anything you can click on from your iPhone onto your computer (both Mac and Windows). All it does is it roots your iPhone, then you can choose what you want to transfer over and it'll direct you to the directory that they're stored in. Just select the things you want to transfer (in your case your SMS) and just drag and drop them over to your computer.

I have still not been able to get this program to work properly. I tried it a long time ago and never could get it to do anything. This is the error I am recieving when I plug my iPhone up and attempt to open iExplorer, after installing the latest version, and I have the latest iTunes installed as well.

$10-20-2012 6-25-03 PM.jpg

I have checked on the service it says may not be running, and it is in fact running, as is iTunes. I have tried it with iTunes open, and closed. No change. Program will not start correctly.

Run as Admin and with XP compatibility if you're on Windows. If that doesn't work. Remove iTunes and then manually delete the folder itself from Program Files. Reinstall a completely fresh iTunes.

Run as Admin and with XP compatibility if you're on Windows. If that doesn't work. Remove iTunes and then manually delete the folder itself from Program Files. Reinstall a completely fresh iTunes.

Do I need to manually backup anything before removing iTunes? I don't want to lose my backups or anything.

Do I need to manually backup anything before removing iTunes? I don't want to lose my backups or anything.

A bit extreme...just because you can't install iExplorer..?

There lots of other 3rd party software that will do the same....

If you have iFile installed on your jailbroken iPhone just navigate to SMS.db located Var>Media>Library>SMS>sms.db and select and email the file to yourself.

A bit extreme...just because you can't install iExplorer..?

There lots of other 3rd party software that will do the same....

If you have iFile installed on your jailbroken iPhone just navigate to SMS.db located Var>Media>Library>SMS>sms.db and select and email the file to yourself.

Then how do I read said .db file once emailed to myself?

FYI- iExplorer does not read the SMS.db file all it does is allow you to copy the file to your PC.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a way to do this for only pictures or videos? so that not every single text message is sent to my email?
After the software is setup on your phone it will record SMS and call activities and then silently upload the data to your private Mobile Spy account using the Internet. When you want to view results, simply login to the Online Control Panel from any computer or phone web browser and enter your username and password to proceed. So you can choose what you want to see.