What's new

How to Upload Photos to Instagram from a Mac

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
screen800x500.jpeg
Adding to the list of annoyances in my life, is the fact that I can only share photos on Instagram that are located on the iPhone. Sure there are plenty of great photo editors on iOS, however when I take a photo I wish to edit in Photoshop on my Mac, I have to transfer it to the computer, edit it, then send it back. The process takes an extra step just because Instagram doesn't have a Desktop version of its uploader.

Uploader is a Mac app that allows Instagram users to upload photos to their accounts from OS X. Uploader for Instagram sits quietly in the OS X status bar and adds an option to "Share on Instagram" when right-clicking on a photo.

The app also has numerous filters and 47 effects to make things feel at home. Sepia tones, black and white photos are all there, along with support for the iSight camera for the occasional selfie. Uploader for Instagram can make it easier to upload photos after editing on a Mac and found on the Mac App Store for $4.99.

Yeah... this app has been taken down, which sucks, because I totally could have gotten some great use out of it:

A developer has pulled his popular "Uploader for Instagram" app from the Mac App Store after Instagram sent him two demand letters.

Last month, Caleb Benn, a 17-year-old Los Angeles high school student, released the $5 Mac desktop app that allowed users to upload photos to their Instagram accounts.

Instagram had originally sent a letter to Benn on March 28, telling him that his app had violated the company's Terms of Service. The letter stated that Benn had until March 30 to "fix things." But after the deadline passed, the app was still available and Instagram had not taken any further action.

Benn texted Ars on Saturday morning, after this story was originally published, to say that he had received another demand e-mail from Instagram and removed his app from the App Store.

"I pulled the app at midnight," he said. "It was a tough thing to do, but. I just couldn’t risk being blacklisted from using anything Facebook/Instagram nor a lawsuit for that matter. Especially when I’m so close to enrolling in college."
Source: Teen rakes in $6,000 on Uploader for Instagram app told to shut down