What's new

how to tether iphone on t-mobile

mm11

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4 which I picked up in Hong Kong,( unlocked ) for use in USA with T-mobile. How do I enable tethering.

I was also told by another iphone dealer that my phone most likely was made for US market, brought overseas, unlocked and resold . This dealer advised me not to update software or phone will be locked for good. is this true.

to enable tethering your going to need to jailbreak....there might be another way,but i dont know of it.im sure someone will chime in if there is.
How to enable Tethering iPhone 4 | Blackra1n

now on the unlock,
now im not sure if updating the phone would lock it FOREVER,but you would most likely need to learn how to do it,along with waiting for one one the beautiful unlock teams to unlock the baseband that you upgraded to.and the wait can be long sometimes.

i love not having to worry about an unlock....i always feel the need to upgrade my phones firmware ASAP when it comes out.not only for the new features,but there is usually some bug fixes to help the phone run even better...as if!!!!

I used to use unlockit.co.nz when I had my 3G unlocked to use tethering. I don't know if you need to be jailbroken for it to work as my 3G was always jailbroken...