What's new

How to move everything from Iphone 4s to Iphone 5s?

darkcyber

Reaction score
I purchased my wife and new Iphone 5S and I want to make sure I get everything copied over. All of her contacts and notes sync to her Gmail account, but I want to be sure. I have made a full backup in ITunes and I have tried doing a backup to ICloud but it tells me I don't have enough space and I am not purchasing extra space just to upgrade a phone. So, what is the best way to make sure I get her contacts and notes copied over or everything currently on her 4s?

Thanks!

99% of data are backed up through iTunes, which includes but not limited to photos, SMS, contacts, user preferences, notes, wifi settings/logs, most application data, and the list goes ob

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

I agree with willerz. I recently upgraded from a 4 to a 5s. Just before the changeover I made sure that iTunes and iOS 7 were both at the most current versions. Next came a backup/sync to iTunes. After activating the new phone I then connected it to iTunes and did a restore from backup. Most of everything was there, except for the apps. Finally I did a sync and all of the apps came in. I had no problems, and all information was transferred over.

I agree with willerz. I recently upgraded from a 4 to a 5s. Just before the changeover I made sure that iTunes and iOS 7 were both at the most current versions. Next came a backup/sync to iTunes. After activating the new phone I then connected it to iTunes and did a restore from backup. Most of everything was there, except for the apps. Finally I did a sync and all of the apps came in. I had no problems, and all information was transferred over.

To add on. When you restore the backup, like Dave said, it does not restore the apps (for legality and fraud purposes), but, it will transfer over your app data (if it's stored on your device locally i.e. Angry Birds, but not Zynga Poker) still. Once you sync the apps back via iTunes or through the AppStore again, your data should be ready to access because the backup restored the user data, and it's only waiting for the app to be re-installed again for use.

OK, thanks for the info.

Does ITunes backup Notes?

OK, it done. ITunes backs it all up to the local computer as well when you do an ITunes backup...for those that need to know. You do not have to use ICloud. Thanks for the help!

OK, it done. ITunes backs it all up to the local computer as well when you do an ITunes backup...for those that need to know. You do not have to use ICloud. Thanks for the help!
Sorry, I thought that was what I was saying. Communication is more difficult than it sometimes seems. Glad it's all behind you and that it worked as it should.

Thanks DaveM for your help. I tried this & it was successful. I didn't have a clue how to do it before.

Hi, I have messages and notes on my new iPhone 5S? Wiil these data merged when restoring from 4s backup?

Hi,
Its very easy to transfer your Transfer Data from iPhone 4s to 5s using with iCloud.