What's new

How to display only contacts with phone numbers when selecting the phone app

The Dude

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have recently migrated from a Motorola Defy (Android Phone) to an iPhone 5. In every regard, except contacts management, I am finding the iPhone to be a superior phone.

Traditionally my Motorola only showed contacts with phone numbers if I went into my "phone" app, e.g.: pressed the little green phone hand piece icon. However whenever I click on "phone" with my new iPhone 5 I am seeing all my contacts, including those contacts that do not have phone numbers (but instead only email addresses) associated with them. On each phone all contact information has been retrieved from my work email address (Exchange account), so I figure a difference between the phones is causing my current issue.

There doesn't seem to be any way of telling the iPhone to only display contacts with phone numbers when selecting the "phone" app. Perhaps contacts can be better managed through Outlook (Exchange). If anybody has any advice on how to display only contacts with phone numbers when selecting the phone app it will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

I found the same thing when I migrated and the solution for me was to merge the contacts into one. Select the main contact, then select edit then scroll down and select link contact then you can choose the other contact, they become one.

Hope this helps
Rick

Hi Toy4Rick,

Thanks for this insight. Unfortunately I have over 1 thousand contacts, so performing this for all of my contacts is going to be too time consuming.

Kind Regards,

Davo