What's new

How to Advertise App for Free

rdvd83

Reaction score
I recently posted my first app to the App Store - Speedy Shark - with more to come. I was wondering what are the best ways to advertise for free?
I have exhausted all my friends and family and social media. Any other ideas to get the work out there??

Thanks.

I recently posted my first app to the App Store - Speedy Shark - with more to come. I was wondering what are the best ways to advertise for free? I have exhausted all my friends and family and social media. Any other ideas to get the work out there?? Thanks.
Announcing your app on iPhone Forums is free. Make a full announcement of your app in this thread. If your game is compatible with the iPad, consider posting an announcement on iPad Forums as well.

Last edited:
I recently posted my first app to the App Store - Speedy Shark - with more to come. I was wondering what are the best ways to advertise for free? I have exhausted all my friends and family and social media. Any other ideas to get the work out there?? Thanks.
I downloaded your Speedy Shark game. I still have the original Flappy Bird. One problem you have is that many are tiring of the Flappy Bird clone games. But Speedy Shark is a nice game and I wish you well with it. I'll give it a great review.

Thanks for the help. I know it is a clone of Flappy Bird....not what I originally intended but I had a disagreement with the developer I hired and this is what I got. It was my first app to learnt he process of creating and submitting the App Store. The other games I am working on myself will be more unique and different. It seems everyone has a flappy bird clone now...

Change the price of your app. That way the app tracker programs and apps catch your price change and will then show up there for free advertising.

I've seen a few of my favorite apps do this. They raise the price from $9.99 to $11.99 for a day, then bring it back down to $9.99. Both of my app trackers have picked up on the $9.99 price change.