What's new

How Fast Will Battery Drain if Phone is OFF

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I have been advised to hold onto my 5s as a back up. I wanted to know how fast will the phone's battery drain if the phone is turned off?

Also, how many songs can 128GB hold? I have never put my music on my phone, but I was considering it with a new phone. I am not sure how you put CDs onto a phone, though. I guess you upload the CDs to your laptop and then transfer them to your phone???

Thanks! :)

If you want to store the iPhone long term, turn it off when the battery is about 50%. Then keep it in a cool, moisture-free place. Apple recommends to charge it every 6 months. This applies to a healthy battery, I guess, so you might have to charge it earlier.

My iPad has 128 GB, and I’ve got about 600 songs on it, in addition to 55 movies and a few photos - less than 30 -, as well as more than 100 apps. I’ve still got about 50 GB of storage space.
To get your CDs to the iPhone, you’ll have to import them to iTunes on your Mac (A Visual Guide to Copying CDs to iPhone or iPod) and then sync them to your iPhone (A Simple Introduction to Syncing an iPhone to Your Computer).

Hope that helps.

J. A., you are a fount of knowledge! Thank you very much! :)

Well, I have no films. I have a good number of CDs, but I would not likely want to add all of them---just my favourites. I have a lot of photos, though. I am determined to make more use of my new phone than I did my 5s which I mainly used as a phone and a photo storage as well as occasionally using an app or the GPS. :)