What's new

Home button not working about 80% of the time

osso12

Reaction score
Well I have never had this issue to now but for the most part my home button does not work abuot 80% or more of the time now.
I feel it is software related, because when it does work, it will work all the time, then all of a sudden it will not respond anymore. You have to reboot the phone, and you have one shot at it. If lets say you pull up the camera, you are stuck with the camera until you reboot or power off you cannot get back to the home screen anymore. Seems like for some reason if you turn the phone on its side it will respond better than if it is upside right.
Any suggestions? I do not really want to restore the phone if I do not have to. I am running 4.2.1 Jailbroken with Green Poison RC6.

Well I have never had this issue to now but for the most part my home button does not work abuot 80% or more of the time now.
I feel it is software related, because when it does work, it will work all the time, then all of a sudden it will not respond anymore. You have to reboot the phone, and you have one shot at it. If lets say you pull up the camera, you are stuck with the camera until you reboot or power off you cannot get back to the home screen anymore. Seems like for some reason if you turn the phone on its side it will respond better than if it is upside right.
Any suggestions? I do not really want to restore the phone if I do not have to. I am running 4.2.1 Jailbroken with Green Poison RC6.

Well, first thing that comes to mind would be to restore and JB, and if the problem persists, then it's probably hardware related.

I might try the cydia package backup then restore everything and jailbreak again...
Don't have anything to loose really but time and frustration...lol

wait...no.. scratch that...not paying $8 for any app.
(Package Backup)
Any other ideas?

so every time the home button acts up you turn the phone off then on and it works fine then?

Not really....
I have to reboot it to even get to the home screen so I can do another or any task for that matter.

I am finding if I turn the phone on the side, sometimes but not always I can get the home button to respond. Sometimes with I plug the usb cable in, it will respond. Sometimes when I plug something into the headset jack it will respond. There is no rhyme or reason with it. Right now the usb is plugged in and phone is charging. I will hold the phone upright in my hand to see if the home button will respond. Even if you hold it down or tap several times nothing happens. Ok with the usb cable atm it seems fine. I am now unplugging usb cable to see what happens. I pull up a chat window, click on the home button, it goes to home screen. See what I mean? Sometimes it works and sometimes it wont. But if you get somewhere off by yourself and lets say you are chatting and need to use the phone its frustrating as hell as you have to turn the phone off then back on before you can do another task such as use the phone. At the time of this writing, it seems fine. Ill up date as soon as I notice it acting up again.