What's new

History Disappears!

Natalia Orinko

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 running IOS8. Although "Private" is turned off my Safari history isn't there. The phone just isn't retaining history. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Natalia!

I've moved your thread to iPhone Help forum, where it will get more attention.

Did you use Private, until you closed all open tabs?

Sorry, I pushed "Post Reply without entering any information. No, I was never intentionally using Private. My troubles may have started when i upgraded to IOS8 but I can't be sure.

No problem.

Try resetting your device, maybe it'll help. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own.
This won't remove any data or settings, it will even out glitches you might experience.

If this doesn't help:
Could you possibly show us a screenshot from a random website in Safari?

To take a screenshot, press Home and Power button simultaneously and shortly. You'll hear a shutter sound. The image can be found in your Photos app, in the Camera Roll album.

To post it on this site, tap "Upload A File", next to Post Reply. Then select "Choose File". Tap Camera Roll and select the screenshot. It will start loading. As soon as it's finished, tap "Full Picture" next to the photo, then post your reply.