What's new

Hi from the uk

karlosthemarra

Reaction score
Hiya my names Karl and I just got my 4s today (upgrade from the old 3GS)

Still learning a lot about it really and generally messing around, been reading the forums as a guest for the last few days and thought I was defiantly gonna sign up and say hello, such a helpful friendly bunch!

Take care

hi,welcome,there a few of us from the uk,check out the apple forum too.

Hiya I was after a bit of help.

My old 3GS I upgraded from was destined for my girlfriend. We've put her sim card in from her HTC and it's coming up no service/invalid sim which is making me think the 3GS is locked to orange? (she's on 02) ive just restored it and it's running on ios 5.0.1. Can it be unlocked? Or is this even our problem?

Thanks, Karl

Hiya I was after a bit of help.

My old 3GS I upgraded from was destined for my girlfriend. We've put her sim card in from her HTC and it's coming up no service/invalid sim which is making me think the 3GS is locked to orange? (she's on 02) ive just restored it and it's running on ios 5.0.1. Can it be unlocked? Or is this even our problem?

Thanks, Karl
Im not what you would call an expert but if the phone is locked on orange then an 02 sim wont work,you try ringing orange for an unlockng code,some networks charge a little for this.

Yes I've been on to orange and they can unlock for me for a charge of £20 and can take upto 30 days?

Is there no software I can do this myself?

Im not what you would call an expert but if the phone is locked on orange then an 02 sim wont work,you try ringing orange for an unlockng code,some networks charge a little for this.

I was with orange and to unlock its £40. Also orange will only give you a maximum of 750GB for your £40 pm plan or for unlimited it's £75pm I told them which cliff to jump from and went with three and all you can seriously eat data! For £35.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

Yes I've been on to orange and they can unlock for me for a charge of £20 and can take upto 30 days?

Is there no software I can do this myself?
I dont if there is any software,can you maybe take it to one of those little independant mobile phone shops or a market stall and get it unlocked there?most likely if you keep checking on here someone will come on with some help.

I dont if there is any software,can you maybe take it to one of those little independant mobile phone shops or a market stall and get it unlocked there?most likely if you keep checking on here someone will come on with some help.

Market stalls haven't got the sophisticated software to unlock iPhones. But yeah an independent shop may do so and would more than likely be half the price.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk