What's new

Hey there

Rappel_Welch

Reaction score
Finally got my Verizon iPhone 4. It's been a long wait. I'm a die-hard BB fan, so it may take some getting used to (I hate change as a general rule). I'm still searching for the ultimate sync program or application, and hoping that I will find some helpful beta here.

Rappel, what made you switch from the BB to the iPhone, if you had been comfortable with the BB?

Thanks for the welcome. I guess the main reason for the switch was for the apps. I'm a part-time student, and the StudyBlue app allows me to review my notes and flash cards on-line. I used my touch for this, but had to have wifi service to do so.
I'm not a fan of the touch screen, I like the buttons on my BB, but I think the pros will eventually outweigh the cons. Also, I no longer have to carrry my BB and my ipod touch around everywhere.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome,

The touch screen will grow on you...

I agree -- the screen is awesome. But an off-topic question: how often do YOU clean your screen from finger oil, etc? Seems like I cleaned my screen daily at firsst, then quit because it was a losing battle. The "uncleaned" screen doesn't seem to hurt functionality at all, as long as the camera lens and proximity sensor are kept relatively clean from dust....

Get yourself a good screen protector and you won't really notice smudge marks. I only give mine a wipe if my daughters been on my phone with her sticky fingers! Lol...

Sadly, I suffer from a bit of ocpd, so I clean the screen constantly. I do have a belkin matte finish screen protector and that helps. I keep a screen cloth in my desk at work, in my car console, in my desk caddy at home, and in my backpack....yeah, I know...when it comes to some things I border on ridiculous.
I am getting used to the touch screen. I was already using a touch, but seldom had to compose e-mails on it. I'm still missing the feel of the BB keyboard, but I'm getting there. I'm thinking about picking up a stylus. I tried one out on my touch a while back, and it does seem to work rather well for lengthy e-mail messages.

Rappel.... all in good time. You'll get used to the touchscreen soon enough. However, and you may not like this suggestion, but you may wish to try a speech-to-text app like Dragon Dictation for long emails, and other things. It's very good and saves much finger fumbling.

I've read a couple of posts about speech-to-text. I may look into it at some point. I use dragon on my laptop, but have found that I can type faster than it takes to dictate and correct. Perhaps in this scenario it might be an option. Dragon does take issue with my southern drawl however. I suppose I'll need to work on my annunciation skills. :)