What's new

Help unlocking my 4.1 iphone3Gs

Ulisesfrb

Reaction score
Hello, it's been a while since I unlocked any iphones, it seems that it's so much more complicated now a days. The last one I unlocked was a 3Gs with 3.1.2. Now my question is, I just bought another 3gs with 4.1 and firmware 05.14.02. I jailbroke it using greenpois0n. It still has the 05.14.02 firmware. It seems that I have to install a different firmware to unlock it right? I'm confused as hell as what to do from this point. How can I unlock it. Your help is much appreciated.

Ulises

Hi there. Unfortunately this baseband cannot be unlocked. You will need to install ipad baseband 06.15.00 if you want to be able to unlock.

My advice would be to update to ios 5.0.1 and jailbreak untethered using redsn0w (and installing ipad baseband in the process in order to do an ultrasn0w unlock).

The only down side to ipad baseband is you will lose the GPS feature (location services will still work).

Other than that there is no other way.

You also have to make sure to check when your 3gs was manufactured because phones after the 35th week of 2011 cant get ipad baseband (although since yours has 4.1 on it its older so i am not worried about that one).

Thanks for the response. Where can I find the manufactured date?