What's new

Hello everyone!

spb

Reaction score
Hello,
New to this forum but looking forward to learning more.
So far I want to learn more about iphone apps and about iphone unlocking (if others can learn how to do it, why cant i? right? =))

So yeah =)
Cheers!

Welcome,

Unlocking your phone is simple but first you have to jailbreak it (which is also simple) Remember not all phones can be unlocked. It all depends on which version of iOS your on...

Welcome,

Unlocking your phone is simple but first you have to jailbreak it (which is also simple) Remember not all phones can be unlocked. It all depends on which version of iOS your on...

I have iphone 4 and i am on 4.1 and my Modem Firmware is 02.10.04. From what I've read on some forums here I figured I need to wait a little. Somewhere (not sure if on these forums) I've seen a date of Jan 16th.

thanks for your reply =)

4.1 can be easily jailbroken with either greenpoision on limerain. Your baseband is currently unlockable. As for an unlock date it could be a while. I don't know where you got Jan 16th from but I wouldn't be on it.

Remember if your relying on an unlock. Don't update your phone through iTunes as your baseband will be updated also and make it harder to unlock...

Your baseband is currently unlockable.
you mean not unlockable (ie no way to unlock it at this time).

I will put a link in the next post to at least one source that mentions 16th of January. (need to have 3+ posts to post a link. sigh)

and yes, every time i connect my phone to my computer i have to say "no" to the update that iTunes is trying to perform =)

thanks for all the info and advices!

Oops. Yes that's what I ment. Lol.

That post also mentions a untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak before Christmas. Its now the 5th of January...

Oops. Yes that's what I ment. Lol.

That post also mentions a untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak before Christmas. Its now the 5th of January...
well i guess that speaks for the reliability of the info. after all rumors are just that - rumors.