What's new

Hello everyone!

LGMarines

Reaction score
According to the welcome message I should introduce myself to the community so here we go,...
My name is Luis and I am currently living in Texas. My first iPhone was the 3G from (but not with) AT&T. We're now on the Verizon Wireless network ever since the release of the iPhone 4. I have some experience with jailbreaking and unlocking but nothing like a developer or programer. In other worlds I'm still learning too. If I don't know the answer I would like to help you look for it because I might need it in the future too. Oh and I'm completely new to the whole forum thing. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and help out in the process too.
Thank you :)

hello luis form texas! so you got the verizon iphone? but what network would you even unlock it to? if there is even an unlock for the verizon iphone

or did you mean the iphone 3 you used it with another network? there is all information you need to know and useful tips and jailbreak/app store apps

Welcome, Luis, from another Texan. Enjoy the iP4 for a while before you "break" it!

Unleashed said:
hello luis form texas! so you got the verizon iphone? but what network would you even unlock it to? if there is even an unlock for the verizon iphone

or did you mean the iphone 3 you used it with another network? there is all information you need to know and useful tips and jailbreak/app store apps

My first iPhone was the 3G. I jailbroke and unlocked it so it could be used on the T-Mobile network. I also owned the iPhone 3G (jailbroken and unlocked). When the iPhone 4 came out with Verizon I switched carriers. I now own the iPhone 4 with Verizon wireless. From what I've read there is still no unlock to the Verizon iPhone 4 and even if there was I wouldn't do it since my network option would be Sprint (USA). Sprint is a great company with great rates and so is T-Mobile but thats not why I switched carriers. I just got feed up with the jailbreaking and unlocking. I heard stories from my friends about how bad the AT&T network is and it always kept me from switching to them. Verizon seemed like the best solution and I'm happy thus far.

EWyatt said:
Welcome, Luis, from another Texan. Enjoy the iP4 for a while before you "break" it!

Lol, I gotta hear this. What happened dude? I ask because my lower volume key just stopped working and now I have to go into the Apple store to get it fixed. Sucks! I've only had it for a couple of months.

Welcome,

Sorry to hear about the broken volume button. Fortunately apple are very good at replacing faulty iPhones (I've had more than my fair share (7ish 3GS's)). Just make sure you get a replacement on the spot. Don't settle for a repair that can take a week or two. You need your new iPhone...!

gaz6076 said:
Welcome,

Sorry to hear about the broken volume button. Fortunately apple are very good at replacing faulty iPhones (I've had more than my fair share (7ish 3GS's)). Just make sure you get a replacement on the spot. Don't settle for a repair that can take a week or two. You need your new iPhone...!

Thank you. I am the type of person who would wait a week without my iPhone. I'll certainly won't now that I know that I don't have to. Do you suggest I restore the phone before I go Into the Apple store or should I just back it up? I don't like to make people wait so I like to be prepared.

No need to restore (unless your jailbroken?) Just sync with iTunes any it will automatically back your phone up for you.

When you get your replacement just plug it into iTunes on the same computer and restore from your backup of the old iPhone then sync back all your apps, music etc.

The apple store may offer to do this for you before you leave but it takes abit of time...

Unleashed said:

My first iPhone was the 3G. I jailbroke and unlocked it so it could be used on the T-Mobile network. I also owned the iPhone 3G (jailbroken and unlocked). When the iPhone 4 came out with Verizon I switched carriers. I now own the iPhone 4 with Verizon wireless. From what I've read there is still no unlock to the Verizon iPhone 4 and even if there was I wouldn't do it since my network option would be Sprint (USA). Sprint is a great company with great rates and so is T-Mobile but thats not why I switched carriers. I just got feed up with the jailbreaking and unlocking. I heard stories from my friends about how bad the AT&T network is and it always kept me from switching to them. Verizon seemed like the best solution and I'm happy thus far.

i doubt the devs will even bother working on a verizon iphone unlock but you never know