What's new

Google Calendar/Contacts Questions

springerdog1

Reaction score
I will be a a first time Iphone user when my new phone arrives. I currently use Google Contacts & Calendar. Works great for me as I can access it on my Ipad, MacBook Pro & PC depending on where I am at the time. Will I need to buy a calendar program from the app store to use the Google Calendar & Contacts?

springerdog1 said:
I will be a a first time Iphone user when my new phone arrives. I currently use Google Contacts & Calendar. Works great for me as I can access it on my Ipad, MacBook Pro & PC depending on where I am at the time. Will I need to buy a calendar program from the app store to use the Google Calendar & Contacts?

All you have to do is set up your google login info in the mail, contacts and calendars in the settings

So I don't need to buy a separate program for the calendar? Will the google calendar info just merge with the calendar on the Iphone?

springerdog1 said:
So I don't need to buy a separate program for the calendar? Will the google calendar info just merge with the calendar on the Iphone?

Yes it will merge no need to purchase extra unless you want to. Try it out.

Along these lines, if I add a meeting/etc to my (yet to receive) iPhone's calendar, will it push it to Google Calendar? Same with contacts? Thanks!

Yes it does. You can push mail, calendar and contacts in real time.