What's new

Good Readability Alternative?

Hashim1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good alternative to the Readability app. For those that don't know, Readability is basically an app which allows you to save anything you see online to read later (it's designed for, and I use it for, articles) and converts it into a good-looking and readable format. If you have Readability on your iPhone, anything you save to read later will be automatically synced and stored in the app for you to read, and reading it within the app is not just intiuitive, it's actually satisfying; it looks that good. I found the app recently, and it's a BRILLIANT app which I've been really impressed with so far. However, there are small things that I'm not happy with: a) the iOS app is CONSTANTLY updating and checking for updates, and there is no way to turn this off, and that can be a serious drain on the battery and processor power, b) there is no way of moving articles up and down in order of reading preference as far as I can tell. Articles are just placed in a list, in what seems to be a completely random order (presumably it is the order in which they are downloaded), and there is no way to move an article up or down this list.

So, I'm wondering if there is a better app out there, which does pretty much everything Readability does, plus those things. I know it's a longshot, but we live in the age of innovation and people are constantly developing bigger and better apps, so why not try?

Thanks for any help in advance, much appreciated. :)

Does anyone know of one then? Or is Readability the best there is out there?

Try Pocket (free) or Instapaper(paid). You will find them useful.