What's new

[Giveaway] The first 10 participants will be selected the winners!

I have mine all installed and activated. Just havnt figured out quite how to use its features yet. Only had a brief play around with it though. Maybe ill look see if i can find some tutorial video's on youtube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I have mine all installed and activated. Just havnt figured out quite how to use its features yet. Only had a brief play around with it though. Maybe ill look see if i can find some tutorial video's on youtube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 
You can find tutorial/review of this program on Youtube; in addition, related how-to articles on the product page may do some help here:WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Rip Any Protected DVDs, Copy DVD to ISO and Hard Drive

It's certainly the easiest multi-format DVD copying software I have used so far!
My only qualm is that it takes two steps to copy a chaptered DVD into a format for the iPad, otherwise you end up with individual chapters not one nice file.

ATM I'm fixing my issue by coping to an ISO image and then making an iPad copy from the file.
(if there is an easier way I'd love to know :) )

EDIT: the process i took mentioned above is taking longer than the movie to process the iso into iPad format :S

Last edited:
I have been using Handbrake for years and my comparisons are based on this.
All encodings based on built-in Apple TV settings and run on a MAC.
First impressions:
While it appears more versatile, it does require a bit more understanding of what you are trying to do than Handbrake. I have always been happy with just using Handbrakes basic settings with no tweaking to rip a DVD. WinX DVD Ripper required a little tweaking to get it just where I liked it but this was easily accomplished and the online/built-in help was actually helpful.
For a quick and basic rip I would still tend to recommend Handbrake based mainly on it being free and open source. However, for anyone wanting to do more than the basic and requiring guidance on how to adjust and set things up, I think is a worthwhile purchase. I am looking forward to playing with it more and seeing just what it can do.
Summary:
Quality of resulting video - to my eyes, slightly better.
Speed - slower.
Ease of use - equal.
Number of options - for basic encoding they are about equal. For additional options this product has several more options.

I have finally installed & activated my copy, I must say this is some decent software I like the easiness of it :)

Thank you

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠