What's new

Geek Curmudgeon phone holdout

Drag Bunt

Reaction score
I've had an iPad for a couple of years, but I'm primarily a (retired) Windows geek. Since retiring, I've avoided carrying a phone on Luddite principle, but my daughter just got a new 4S provided by her work, so she gifted me her 4/32gb (grandfathered with "unlimited" data).Been setting it up for a couple of days now. Experience with the iPad helped a lot, of course, but I still hate iTunes with a passion and miss the simplicity of the old Zune software.Will be dropping in here from time to time for tips and trix.

I've had an iPad for a couple of years, but I'm primarily a (retired) Windows geek. Since retiring, I've avoided carrying a phone on Luddite principle, but my daughter just got a new 4S provided by her work, so she gifted me her 4/32gb (grandfathered with "unlimited" data).Been setting it up for a couple of days now. Experience with the iPad helped a lot, of course, but I still hate iTunes with a passion and miss the simplicity of the old Zune software.Will be dropping in here from time to time for tips and trix.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners
iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Forum Rules

Hello and welcome to the forum! I think having an ipad before would of made it 100 times more easier to use the iphone and with the exemption of the insides that are slightly different the os itself is pretty much the same and with iphones its always good to get the unlimited plan but some carriers say unlimited then start charging you after you use x amount of MB's so be careful if you use up a lot of data..

also there are some itunes alternatives out there and I can suggest a few to you if you are interested that some find a lot better then itunes but with ios 5 you can do a lot with out itunes especially if you sync and backup to the cloud.