What's new

Full Current Breakdown of iOS 8 Apps with Notification Center Widgets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
wwdc_2014_widgets.jpeg

We thought it would be handy to share a full breakdown of which current apps now have Notification Center Widgets in iOS 8! Keep in mind that this list will likely grow over time, but for now it should give you a good idea of which apps have this feature right off the bat. Here they are in alphabetical order. Enjoy!
  • 24me
  • Agenda+
  • Ancestry
  • Asana
  • Audiobooks from Audible
  • Breaking News
  • Buzzfeed
  • Calendar 5
  • Cheatsheet
  • Clear
  • Countdowns
  • Day One
  • Discover Mobile
  • Dropbox
  • Duolingo
  • ETA
  • Evernote
  • Finish
  • forScore
  • The Guardian
  • Hotel Tonight
  • iTranslate
  • LinkedIn Pulse
  • Lose It
  • Luminos
  • Nascar
  • NYT Now
  • Omnifocus Two
  • Open Table
  • Parcel
  • PCalc
  • Raincast
  • Runtime
  • Slice
  • Sky Guide
  • TwoDots
  • Wattpad
  • WeatherPro
  • Wunderlist
  • Yahoo Weather
It's entirely possible that we missed some, or that some new widgets have been added since we posted this, so feel free to sound off in the thread with any new ones!

All you have to do to activate one of the available widgets is to open the notification centre and tap on the edit button. Available widgets will be there and you can select which ones will be displayed.

Sport's Center should be available soon.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

One called Launcher looks cool. You can add what you want for quick launch from the Notification Center.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411098502.335853.jpg

wwdc_2014_widgets.jpeg

We thought it would be handy to share a full breakdown of which current apps now have Notification Center Widgets in iOS 8! Keep in mind that this list will likely grow over time, but for now it should give you a good idea of which apps have this feature right off the bat. Here they are in alphabetical order. Enjoy!
  • 24me
  • Agenda+
  • Ancestry
  • Asana
  • Audiobooks from Audible
  • Breaking News
  • Buzzfeed
  • Calendar 5
  • Cheatsheet
  • Clear
  • Countdowns
  • Day One
  • Discover Mobile
  • Dropbox
  • Duolingo
  • ETA
  • Evernote
  • Finish
  • forScore
  • The Guardian
  • Hotel Tonight
  • iTranslate
  • LinkedIn Pulse
  • Lose It
  • Luminos
  • Nascar
  • NYT Now
  • Omnifocus Two
  • Open Table
  • Parcel
  • PCalc
  • Raincast
  • Runtime
  • Slice
  • Sky Guide
  • TwoDots
  • Wattpad
  • WeatherPro
  • Wunderlist
  • Yahoo Weather
It's entirely possible that we missed some, or that some new widgets have been added since we posted this, so feel free to sound off in the thread with any new ones!
Upword is also available

You can use Launcher for settings shortcuts. Open the Launcher app. Tap the +. Tap "app launcher". Scroll down to the Settings app icon. Tap that and choose your settings shortcuts.
Here's mine:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411730865.896847.jpg

I missed The Launcher app (not sure how) before Apple removed it, I've settled on a couple. Still testing eWeather (the clock icon is HUGE)...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413217061.188190.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413217073.204795.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413217090.275446.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413217103.890577.jpg

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s
using Tapatalk

I know! It's so cool to see Launcher is back. I had originally gotten it, but when Apple pulled it, I quit using it because I was afraid to get too dependent on an app that would never receive updates.

Once I heard the news, I re-installed and am madly using it.

Is that a screenshot of your launcher? If yes, love the way you've made different icons. I've done that with the Timer and Alarm functions of the clock. And now, seeing that, I think I'll do the other ones that just show the stock icons. Very cool look.

If it's not your screenshot, I'm still going to steal the idea...:D

Marilyn

I know! It's so cool to see Launcher is back. I had originally gotten it, but when Apple pulled it, I quit using it because I was afraid to get too dependent on an app that would never receive updates.

Once I heard the news, I re-installed and am madly using it.

Is that a screenshot of your launcher? If yes, love the way you've made different icons. I've done that with the Timer and Alarm functions of the clock. And now, seeing that, I think I'll do the other ones that just show the stock icons. Very cool look.

If it's not your screenshot, I'm still going to steal the idea...:D

Marilyn
They're all mine. I found some of the PNG images by Googling them. Some I created myself. The Box was originally a plain box. I added the blue Box logo.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮