What's new

forgot my apple id (not my password)

dirtybanana

Reaction score
im losing my mind over this! im not too good with phones an computers so please bear with me...i pluged my iphone into my pc to transfer some pics, it asked me to download latest ios, something went wrong along the way...and when i looked the phone went into recovory mode or sumthing?? anywho it had to kill itself and restart everything and now its asking me for my apple id and password...is this the same password and id i use when i buy stuff on itunes?? if so i know the password perfectly but for the life of cant remember what my username was!! i had set up a gmail acount when i got the phone and used that for my activation..is that my username??...but i never once signed onto it and have since completely forgoten what the address even was??...i know i probabl sound like a moron but i dont know what to do! feels like my phone has become self aware and has just locked me out and is laughing at me! any help would be amazing! and sory sory sory sory if this has been posted before i searched alot and dident find any help

Yes, it's the same password and ID you use with iTunes and the App Store - your Apple ID is likely the full gmail address that you used when setting up the phone. If you have forgotten your Apple ID or password, you can go to the iCloud website on a PC and you'll find some instructions at the bottom of the screen. Or, you can go directly to the relevant site at https://iforgot.apple.com/