What's new

[Follow-Up] Pictures of a purported fully assembled new iPhone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ilab-iPhone5-1.jpeg

Earlier we shared a video showcasing what the likely new iPhone 5 will look like. Here's a story with a few more pics as well from the same source.

As the release of the next generation iPhone draws near, more and more pictures showcasing parts belonging to the device in question seem to be leaking around the web. So far there have been front plates, back plates and home buttons. But those were just child-play compared to what leaked at the beginning of this week.

Japanese iPhone repair company iLab Factory published over the night some amazing photographs of a purported fully assembled next generation iPhone, plus another set of other interesting extra iPhone parts that include a mute switch, volume switches and a flex cable.

ilab-iPhone5-2.jpeg

The images seem to be in accord with the rumors suggesting the relocation of the FaceTime camera and the headphone jack. The phone also appears to have a larger display than previous models, and a thinner figure. The pictures also showcase a two-tone backplate plus the already famous smaller dock connector.

Even though the pictures are only of a Black model they are extremely clear and if they turn out to be genuine, they are enough to solidify a clear picture of what’s coming from Apple this autumn. With many major publications continuing to back up the theory that the 6th generation smartphone is coming this year, it is likely that we are looking at the actual device.

By Radu

Source: Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface

Im hoping for a complete redesign,just looks like a slightly bigger 4s....dissapointing,hope it doesnt look like that.

Last edited:
Poisonivy said:
Im hoping for a complete redesign,just looks like a slightly bigger 4s....dissapointing,hope it doesnt look like that.

Couldn't agree w/ you more Ivy!!! I'll be VERY disappointed of the next gen looks like this!

Im glad it will be bigger but surely they wont go with same design again!

Poisonivy said:
Im glad it will be bigger but surely they wont go with same design again!

I dot see how they could?!? I know there will be millions of them sold but... it'll still be a bomb in my eyes.

Hopefully its a red herring and we will get a nice surprise,got me slightly worried though.

I cant believe they would go for that design a third time,as im going for white next time it would still be a change but i would be soooo dissapointed.

We'll know what it looks like when it's released. I'm not believing anything until then. I have found that pics and videos have turned out to be wrong in the past.

Yes you're probably right Ard,easy to get sucked in,we tell everyone to wait and see,hopefully as i said its just a red herring.

I certainly hope it's not it, as I don't like the idea of headphone jack being on the bottom.

I for one, like the design of the 4/4s...just stretch it to make it 16:9 if you must.