What's new

Finding nearby IPhone

nomadum

Reaction score
I have a 14 y/o daughter who has a number of behavioral issues, one of which is stealing. She has in her possession an IPhone which she stole from a local vendor. She has hidden it well, and I don't have access to her AppleID or password. I don't have any Apple products at present. Is there a way to make the IPhone beep or ring or something? Or is there another way to locate the phone? We have Android devices and pcs that can be used.

This is a bit embarrassing to ask like this, but the situation is becoming urgent. She has used the IPhone to create several fake identities online and has looked into procuring drugs and entrapping men online into illegal situations. Her social media addiction is out of control.

Please share any help you can give. Thanks.

If finding the phone is difficult, you could try limiting your daughter’s access to the internet. Who pays for her mobile data? You could change your router password and keep it secret so she could not access that.

I've already locked down my wi-fi. I think a misguided relative has secretly put her on their phone plan.

We need to find the IPhone. If it's not in the house, it's nearby.

Thanks!

Still no joy. I've downloaded BLE detectors and such, but still can't find the IPhone.

Any words of wisdom?

I've already locked down my wi-fi. I think a misguided relative has secretly put her on their phone plan.

We need to find the IPhone. If it's not in the house, it's nearby.

Thanks!

She would not need phone service to access the internet, use iMessage, use apps, etc, as long as she has wifi. She can call people using the phone option in Facebook Messenger, or similar app that uses Voip. As far as where to look, I have no clue. And remember, she's 14 and YOU are the parent.

She would not need phone service to access the internet, use iMessage, use apps, etc, as long as she has wifi. She can call people using the phone option in Facebook Messenger, or similar app that uses Voip. As far as where to look, I have no clue. And remember, she's 14 and YOU are the parent.
We've already locked down our wifi.

Thanks for the "advice". We didn't get her the phone in the first place and we haven't been the ones talking her into getting into trouble. Now we have to clean up the mess.. repeatedly.

We have her AppleID and password. But her IPhone doesn't have "Find My" enabled.

If we were to buy another IPhone and set it up with her AppleID, could we use that somehow to find the other phone?

You won’t be able to find the iPhone by using another iPhone since Find My was never enabled. If you know the phone number of the iPhone you could try calling it to see if you can hear the ringing when you’re close enough to hear it.

That will stop the iPhone from being used on a cellular network but it will not help find the location of the iPhone which is what the OP wanted.

I might be mistaken, but it seems to me she wants to prevent her daughter from doing what she is doing with that iPhone.

Ok, we Finally managed to confiscate the IPhone!

Now, we know some of the things she has used the phone for. We need to get into the phone. Of course we don't know the passcode (tho I think we have her AppleID and password). Does anyone have any ideas how to get past the lock screen w/o losing everything?

Thanks again!

Unless you have the lock screen password you won’t be able to access any of the content on the iPhone. With the Apple ID and password you can erase the iPhone but you’ll lose all the data. You’ll have to get the lock screen password from your daughter.

Besides , there *might* be a maximum number of attempts before the iPhone deletes itself.
IMG_7961.jpg