What's new

Final Fantasy III Released Today

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=387ZSzmZTpo]YouTube - FINAL FANTASY III for iPhone: Launch Trailer (English)[/ame]​

After many months of eager anticipation, Final Fantasy III has finally arrived in App Stores worldwide for iPhone and iPod touch, but it’s a little on the pricey side, at $15.99/€12.99/£9.49! Ouch! Originally released in 1990, Final Fantasy III was the first Final Fantasy game to sell over a million copies, and the full 3D remake for the Nintendo DS in 2006 was equally successful. Doubtless this latest incarnation for the iPhone and iPod touch (an iPad version is on the way in April 2011) will prove to be a smash hit too, despite the price.

The iPhone/iPod touch incarnation of Final Fantasy III features fully remade 3D graphics, taking full advantage of the platform’s capabilities. Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls, the result of Square Enix’s previous forays into the world of iPhone RPGs, make the game easier to play than ever before.

Final Fantasy III, which was the first in the series to feature monster summons and a job-change system, boasts the following key features, according to Square Enix:

• New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences exclusive to the iPhone/iPod touch
  • Smooth, intuitive touch-panel control specifically tailored to Square Enix’s iPhone RPGs
  • Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game records
  • New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards
  • Retina Display compatible

Click here to download: Final Fantasy III for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Square Enix

Its prices like that is why people use Installous to try games first. $16 and NO trial period? Yuck lol

Although I might be buying it, I LOVE final fantasy lol

FF is awesome~~~ this time SE remade the game based on the NDS version of FF3. this version is definitely better on visual comparing to original NES ver.

tapmad_D said:
FF is awesome~~~ this time SE remade the game based on the NDS version of FF3. this version is definitely better on visual comparing to original NES ver.

I agree, visuals are nice. guess I'll play when I'm on those long flights.

tapmad_D said:

I agree, visuals are nice. guess I'll play when I'm on those long flights.

Is it just me or is it really hard? In the first city alone, going in the tunnel brings monsters that deal 20+ damage and only take 4-7 damage, and thats when my main char has all upgraded equipment...

Or am I just horrible at this game lol

$16 for this? maybe for a FF7 or FF8.. ill even take it for $30 haha

Yakuzagang5 said:
Is it just me or is it really hard? In the first city alone, going in the tunnel brings monsters that deal 20+ damage and only take 4-7 damage, and thats when my main char has all upgraded equipment...

Or am I just horrible at this game lol

it's not you. I upgraded all my equipment and got killed in that ghost city/cave. the game had me restart without my save and I haven't played it since