What's new

File transfer between idevices

One very good way that I've found to transfer files between devices is to use Dropbox. Install Dropbox on all of your devices and files sync everywhere. I'm using Dropbox on Windows, Linux and my iPhone - there is also a web UI at the Dropbox site. You can also use an app called Plain Text to edit Dropbox files on iOS devices. Dropbox and Plain Text are free in the app store.

You can use app MediaShare or the app bump, that allows file transfer between two idevices.

Benson11 said:
You can use app MediaShare or the app bump, that allows file transfer between two idevices.

Bump and mediashare only allow u to share photos, videos and contacts not apps.

I wasn't going to post on this but I've changed my mind. I think there are a few apps that will let you transfer files between iDevices but I've not tired them. It's pretty easy without any of these apps. I have activated my iCloud email account on all of my iDevices and created an Archive folder. All I have to do is email the items to this account and store the files in the cloud. Then, you can either access, use or download it from there.

You can do the same with a Gmail account and get WAY more storage that way too... I have both and it's free. It's an unsophisticated solution and may not work for your particular needs, but it works perfectly for me.

Sent from my iPad 3

If you have an access to a computer and you're transferring in bulk, get iExplorer. Just copy and paste/drag and drop into your computer, then plug in the other idevice and drag/drop or copy/paste it back in there under the same directory. It requires no jailbreak and uses iTunes as a base.