What's new

Faulty Original iPhone Charge Cable

raphael.mamora

Reaction score
Both me n my friend have had our original iPhone charge cables both irreparably broken at da neck base nearest to da USB.. First it bends den bends like broken den it eventually breaks inside, rendering it useless..

Im very sure da whole world is experiencing or soon will experience dis..

If dis is a way of making profit, how embarrassing it is for da most premier hp of da world..

Currently i solve da solution by taping my newly bought again (2nd) iPhone charge cable wid paper tape.. Not from dat neck base up, but from da USB body up..

Better save a bit of ur bucks by using dis technique.. Original iPhone cables r around @$25..

Last edited:
Dis is for original iPhone 5 charge cables only.. I didnt have any problem wid my iPhone 4 charge cable..

iPhone charge r never in da guarantee protection plan.. U will have to spend ur own doe on dis matter..

We understand your issue however we are a private forum. Personally I have never had any issues with the lightning cable and your issue is the first we have had reported. Keep in mind they may be covered by warranty just check with your local Apple store.

Colin

LOL @ "the whole world" comment.

Easy, fella. Try pulling your charge cable from the connector instead of the actual cord. They aren't designed to take abuse nor should they be expected to.

Im happy to know dat im da first to announce dis to da world.. Thanks..

It's wear and tear from abuse and use. If you keep it wedged in that position, obviously it'll wear out faster. If you take care of your belongings, that problem wouldn't exist. I have the original iPod's cable, and it's still in 100% like new condition even though it's over 10 years old.

Last year Apple Care replaced my charging cable. Perhaps they could see I was not abusing it but they swapped it out for me. So I guess your statement about the protection plan is also hyperbole.

Not in Australia's Melbourne..

Im using extremely proper SMS/text English..

Why do I even bother to care anymore?

This isn't a forum to check for the proper use of the English Language. A little kindness and respect will do you some good here. Please keep in mind that this is an International Forum and not all Members will speak English as their Primary Language.

Please respect that.

Thank you,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

My Lightning USB charger cable started to break within 6 months of normal use. The beige insulation started peeling-off and got worse since. I fear it will start a fire or electrocute me. I did not abuse the cord by pulling on the wire. I brought to Apple service and was told I abused it and they would not replace it. I must buy a new cord. What a nasty company. My next phone will not be from Apple anyway, the screen is too small, no way to change the battery or use a microSD card and the screen cannot be seen in bright light.

Using your phone while the cord is plugged in and charging is also hard on the cord.