What's new

Failed jailbreak problem - no power?

Netskee

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Ive just jailbroken my phone and installed a 5 icon app/setting?

it said i needed to reboot so i clicked on it. it loaded up apple (running ios5.0.1) but it now wont get past it =[

ive tried holding power/home for 15 seconds but it still remains on the apple logo

any ideas?

Last edited:
You are running iOS 5.0.1 on your device? If so, did you jailbreak it with redsn0w?

Regardless, if you're jailbroke on iOS 5.0.1, you must do a tethered boot (using your computer).

The iPhone will just stay on the Apple logo until you do the tethered re-boot (which must be done every time the phone loses power or needs a reboot).

If I've wandered off on a tangent or this isn't your situation, sorry. But, I hope this helps.

Marilyn

...if you're jailbroke on iOS 5.0.1, you must do a tethered boot (using your computer).

The iPhone will just stay on the Apple logo until you do the tethered re-boot (which must be done every time the phone loses power or needs a reboot).
+1... just be sure to point redsn0w at the 5.0 IPSW via the "Extras" option. You'll need to do this each time you perform a tethered "Just Boot" until redsn0w supports 5.0.1.