What's new

failed 4s backup-lost data

waterguy01

Reaction score
Hi I was doing a software upgrade of my wife's 4s and didn't realise I had run out of memory on my pc meaning the backup was corrupted or incomplete, so I lost all her contacts, photos etc.
I have been able to extract all the videos from the corrupted backup file (recognised them by their size) but wonder if there is any way of finding and extracting the contacts.

Assuming that the device isn't upgraded yet, you can use utilities on your computer like iExplorer to extract them. It requires iTunes installed and works on almost all iDevices.

Unfortunately I went ahead with the upgrade, as I didn't realise that the backup had failed.
I have found the "backup" file on my computer and it is missing the last 4 files-3 plist and 1 mbdb.
I have been able to extract the video files(they stand out by their size) and photos( I have tried to open with internet explorer, every file in the backup and have found the photo files.
I guess, what I am looking for is to find my wifes contacts and callendar settings. Is it possible to find these files

You'll need other utilities that reads backup files.

If you get stuck, I would try the apple store they might be able to help you out.