What's new

Facetime button gone!!!

That's my question, too. I like the option of going right to face time from my home page just like I can from my iPad In lieu of that option, at least there should be a favorites face time shortcut.

I have an ATT 4s
Did a quick Google search and found "1TapFaceTime"...in the app store. Not sure if it's free or not but that should work for ya...

Last edited:
I have same problem. I did have the icon but now gone. Tried full restore but nothing. I have it under contacts but still no icon. Any ideas ?

Unlike current release versions of iPad, there is NO such thing as a FaceTime icon, that is, till IOS 5.0.1 -- this may change with future IOS releases, but from my experience you can't be sure with anything from apple. :)

Just got my 4S and after setting it up I notice I too have no facetime icon even though it is listed under settings. I have did all that gwenfromorpington suggested.
Ok this may be strange, I have facetime under the settings menu and I also can go into contacts and do facetime from there to my Ipad but I have no Facetime icon on my new Iphone 4s. There is one on my Ipad2. Is it possible there is no Facetime Icon on the 4s. Can someone help me.

I don't think there is. My son has the FaceTime icon on his new iPod, but I don't on my iPhone 4S. Same as you, I have the option to use FaceTime when I'm in a call or open my contacts. As long as I can use it, I have no problem with the icon not being available. I believe this is standard for the iPhone 4S...