What's new

Facebook Notifications

Rails2Trails

Reaction score
I can't find any controls for Facebook notifications in General Settings (like a chime when someone friends you). I do however, get a notification when someone checks in somewhere (I'm not tagged). Where can I set alerts in my iPhone 4S for facebook? Thanks

Go to settings, scroll down to the Facebook app, tap on it, tap on the Push Notification item, turn on and off what you wish.

Every one of those settings is ON. if it makes any difference, Facebook isn't in my sounds folder either. And I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

There is something wrong I have same problem I only get few notifications not all I set ...

Of course. I've followed all sorts of things and combinations to get them back. I get the notification, my phone just doesn't vibrate or make a sound.

hollywood90 said:
Of course. I've followed all sorts of things and combinations to get them back. I get the notification, my phone just doesn't vibrate or make a sound.

I also get notifications with no sound. I do get a sound when receiving a message from chat though.

I also get notifications with no sound. I do get a sound when receiving a message from chat though.

Same here. Messages are the only things that make sound. Anything else regarding the app does not make sounds. (And no, I deleted the Messages app, and that didn't do anything...)

yeah, same it, Messages are the only things that make sound. Anything else regarding the app does not make sounds. what happen, thanks
1.gif

I've been doing heavy research on the issue. Any possible resolution I've found (for example, when connected to WiFi, add 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to the list of DNS servers) does nothing. Deactivating Facebook from a computer and then logging back in to the app to re-activate; deleting the Facebook app from the list of apps that are allowed to access your account from facebook.com, deleting the app, re-downloading the app to the iPhone and logging back in... NONE of these work. (Any of them work for you?)

I'm at a loss, and Facebook seems to be scratching their head. This is not an Apple issue, as it is a 3rd party app, and this issue started completely randomly on it's own back at 5.1.1 with nothing being added to the iPhone/changed....

I to have the same problem

I get the notifications but no sounds , only when someone sends me a message to chat it plays a sound !

I think the problem is on facebooks end but who knows

I'm sure there are alternative Facebook apps to use instead of the built in app on iOS ? But I'm sure people only wanna use the iOS app as its easier to use and post from the springboard

Well hope a fix is made or ill be installing another app for Facebook

Regards

What other Facebook apps are there? I've only seen the messenger app.