What's new

entering calendar events

spoiled4s

Reaction score
New iPhone user w/ a 4S..trying to enter calendar events but can't seem to do it...been doing online research and from the information gathered from screen shots, on the calendar screen and it says ALL CALENDARS, and shows the dates/times, but it doesn't have any "ADD" buttons or anything that will allow me to enter data...am I missing something? I have pressed and tapped all over the screen, but to no avail..TIA

Touch the "+" sign that is to the right of All Calenders. That will allow you to add an event.

My calander has no + to add events. Do I need to take my phone back and get another one?

My calander has no + to add events. Do I need to take my phone back and get another one?

Go into "Settings", find "iCloud settings", and turn your "Calendar" option to ON.
Also be sure you are signed in with iCloud on your phone- Settings>iCould>Account
This should add the plus sign back.
Might be worth doing a power off as well if all the above are done and still no plus sign.

My iCloud account will not work because I have a new apple account with a new email address. iCloud keeps trying to access my old email login that doesn't even exist now. Any suggestions? When I go to ICloud settings everything is gray and not clickable

If you go to Settings>iCloud>Then scroll down to the bottom you should see "Delete Account"
Have you tried that?
Then set up your new account and ID

Did you verify the new account? They send you a verification email to the address you signed up the new account for.

For some reason, when I sync my 64GB iPhone 4s with iCal, some birthdays show up a day early on my phone but are correct in iCal. Can't seem to correct this, help anyone? Thanks.

I've had my iphone 4S since October with no problems until today when I noticed I could not add events in my calendar anymore. I realized that the calendar and '+' buttons had disappeared! I happened to google this problem and found this thread. I hadn't activated iCloud til now - followed the instructions above (calendar was already on in icloud settings) and that seemed to fix my calendar problems. Great forum!