What's new

Calendar on iPhone not letting me add events

csianna7

Reaction score
Hello!

So I am having trouble with my calendar on my iPhone. I updated to ios5 and everything else works fine/is updated properly - my notification center, the camera button on the lock screen, iMessage, etc. But my calendar is NOT working.

On the top, it only says "All Calendars" and does not let me add events. I have read elsewhere that to add an event you simply tap and/or hold the day you want to add an event. When I do that, nothing happens. Help please! (Compared to other screenshots of other iPhones with ios5, it looks like I am missing buttons.)

Thanks,
Anna

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-10-14 at 2.25.33 PM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-10-14 at 2.25.33 PM.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 5,422
I am having the same problem as well...have not been able to find a solution.

well i have just updated iOS 5 in my iphone 4 and it's only 2 days but all the issues i have checked that were mentioned in this forum but seems nothing is going wrong in mine.. everything is working fine .. including calendar, camera, notifications, reminder etc...

maybe restore once again will help :)

Easy fix, just go to Settings> iCloud > Turn on Calendars
PROBLEM FIXED!!

I have to "turn on" my calendar? That is stupid, seriously. And if I don't want my calendar merged with iCloud I'm just unable to use my calendar? I guess it's good that I can't use iCloud anyway so it doesn't matter. Oh, and as I type this my keyboard is lagging and feaking out. Nice. I think my husband was wise in waiting to download new iOS.

Last edited:
On mine, I got it to work by Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>MobileMe>switch Calendars to OFF. I don't have iCloud set up.

After doing this, the "+" button and "Calendars" button appeared in the blue bar at the top of the Calendars screen.

I just got back from the Apple Store. The Genius who showed this to me told me that when the switch is set to ON, the iPhone calendar mirrors whatever the MobileMe calendar has and won't let you edit the calendar on the iPhone. This confuses me as I have my Contacts switch set to ON, and I can edit Contacts. The same goes for some other settings on the list. I guess they work differently.