What's new

Email problem

hawaiian

Reaction score
For some reason I am unable to download any email while on WIFI. This has just started happening in the last few days. If I turn off wifi and use 3G it loads. But not while on wifi... Any suggestions??? My Internet works fine on wifi, just the email doesn't... Help!

Delete your mail account in the settings menu and then add it again...

Strange. What email are you using and which setup did you go for when adding your account?

You could try resetting your network settings. Remember you will loose any wifi passwords...

Try this, go into SETTINGS - GENERAL - NETWORK, then chose the line with your network name on it and then press the blue arrow on the right, then tap the FORGET THIS NETWORK button at the top of the page. Then setup your network again. OR, you can try to tap RENEW LEASE and see it that helps. The first option above is the best one to try, as it resets everything in the network settings. This worked for me when I had a low signal two foot from the wireless router and could not connect.
_
Also, reset your WiFi/ router by unplugging it for about 8 min, and then plugging it back in.

If that doesn't work, go back into the setup page and tap the DNS address field, it will probably have something like 192.168.1, (remember what's listed there) listed on it, change this to (Google public DNS server) 8.8.8.8 and see it that helps. If not put back the original DNS address.

Last edited:
This link is to a corrupted file on the apple website. I get the same error message when trying to access the file directly on the apple site.