Ever since yesterday I've had the worse service! Only about one bar, can't stay on a call more than 10 seconds..phone keeps going into extended network..super slow when trying to browse, etc...husbands phone working ok...what gives!? I can't have this bad phone service...
This will update your PRL (Perfered Roaming List) and usually the first step in troubleshooting an issue of this nature. The PRL controls how your phone communicates with the towers. By having the most current list, it can better utilize the cell phone towers nearest to the phones location.
where are you in NC? We've had many issues with Verizon in the last year, especially in areas that were previously Alltel. I was in Hickory last weekend and I had service with an Alltel PRL on my Verizon phone, but my friend with a Verizon PRL had 1 bar and many dropped calls.
Im a little north of Raleigh. This happens once in a blue moon but usually only for a little while. This has been going on since early yesterday...not sure if it's my phone, since my husbands phone seems fine...
You should use *228 once every month or so to update the PRL as Skull suggested. It is free. You might have to get in the car and find service to get it done though. And then you might want to call Verizon and find out if they are doing cell tower service in your area, if that doesn't work.
Yeppers. iOS 6 is the current version. I happen to like iOS 6 a lot. But some people would suggest waiting for iOS 6.01 (currently in beta) before updating. Personally, I think you should solve the PRL issue before updating either way.
Ok I went up the road and was able to update the PRL. Said successful..but still only getting one bar, so will have to see how that goes. I've had the update icon in my settings for like 2 months now but haven't done anything about it, wasn't sure it was a good idea.