What's new

Downloaded ringtone disappeared

vostradamus

Reaction score
Following a reset, my purchased and downloaded ringtone is no longer present on the phone. All other apps and data were preserved.
When I select the same tune in the ringtone list (in the list of tones that can be purchased), it knows that I already bought it (i.e., asking if I want to buy it again). How can I restore the ringtone?

The tone appears in itunes/tones, is checked for syncing and is an .m4r file type (tone duration 30 secs). But after sync, it still does not show up in the list of ringtones on the phone.

Thanks for help with this.

Last edited:
Well I found the solution from the 2009-2011 thread "Ringtones won't appear in iPhone after successful sync": the implausible, rather bizarre solution (as several others had discovered) was to rename the artist on the tune, after which it finally got copied to the iphone.

Thanks! I had the same issue, I'll give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A purchased ringtone just disappeared from my 3GS after changing how music was synced. The ringtone does not show up in the music library (so I can't just rename it and drag it to the tones) nor does it show in the iTunes app under purchased. Help!

Last edited:
kjherb, log in with your Apple ID from your iTunes on your computer. let the purchased ringtone appear within your iTunes library. You would then be able to rename it after which to sync your iphone with iTunes in order to see if the ringtone then appears on your phone.