What's new

Does locking phone limit functionallity??

Dj101

Reaction score
for the past three night i have gone to bed with my phone fully charged,and awoke to a dead battery.
last night i made sure that all programs were closed and restarted the phone to insure no extra running anything.
the only thing i have not done is lock the phone,i will try it tonight.

i have a 32 gig 4,running 4.1,limerain j/b.....its been j/b scince day one,with no new add-ons,tweeks or anything

"i made sure that all programs were closed and restarted the phone to insure no extra running anything"

"i made sure that all programs were closed and restarted the phone to insure no extra running anything"

do you sleep for days? lol

sounds like a defective battery, not too many things except voice calls and wifi should drain in less then 7 hours

now,keep in mind that i have it on me all day long and never have a problem the battery,just at night sitting next to me for 6-8 hours

well im off to test my,"if i lock it"theory,to see if it happens again

so tonight,with my phone locked,there was no n otica ble battery drain at all!

i will go back and forth from locked and unlocked to see if the problem persists with the phone unlocked,and will report my findings here

so tonight,with my phone locked,there was no n otica ble battery drain at all!

i will go back and forth from locked and unlocked to see if the problem persists with the phone unlocked,and will report my findings here

so when you expierienced your issues, you were leaving the screen on all night?

Of course it's going to die If the screen is on and it's not plugged in. That's why there is an auto lock to turn the screen off in a few min.

Of course it's going to die If the screen is on and it's not plugged in. That's why there is an auto lock to turn the screen off in a few min.

thats what im saying unless we dont understand him but he know says he tested the "lock" test makes me wonder what he was doing if he wasnt locking manually or having it set to auto lock

thats what im saying unless we dont understand him but he know says he tested the "lock" test makes me wonder what he was doing if he wasnt locking manually or having it set to auto lock

Yea,I'm guessing your right because he said it doesn't happen during the day. I would assume it's locked then.

i run screen dimmer,so my screen does turn off...i know there is some retards that dont know basic functionallity of a phone,i like to think im not one of those

i hate damn auto lock....have never used it on any phone

i run screen dimmer,so my screen does turn off...i know there is some retards that dont know basic functionallity of a phone,i like to think im not one of those

i hate damn auto lock....have never used it on any phone

so scren dimmer does not effect battery during the hours your awake?

something has to be waking up the screen while you sleep then, looks like if lock works just get in the habit of manually sleeping/locking it before you go to sleep, but that is wierd it only effects during a certain 8 hour block and not the other 16 hours of the day

You must "lock" it to completely turn off the screen. The dim screen will drain the battery.

its weird though...my phone has been set up the same way for two months.no real change,just started drain a couple nights ago.....
no problem,ill just get in the habit of locking it

its weird though...my phone has been set up the same way for two months.no real change,just started drain a couple nights ago.....
no problem,ill just get in the habit of locking it

I know this is old I just saw this and have to ask... So you REALLY dont lock your phone at night? That is
1) Pointless
2) Stupid

lol