What's new

Do you guys forget about apps?

rolltide78

Reaction score
I have a question. When I had my blackberry it may not have had the ability to have a gazillion applications but I always felt like functionality of apps and features of the OS were always accessible (and integrated) to the point where I never "forgot" about things that I could be using to increase productivity. With the iphone I find myself frustrated with the way to organize applications or get to them easily. It's kind of hard to describe but right now I have a page of folders with tons of apps that I haven't touched in a month. Maybe it's because I don't need them or maybe it's just because the system makes it hard to get to know them because they go into a folder and are forgotten...OR maybe it's because I have to open them up to get to the functionality. I guess what I'm asking is..does anyone else feel this way and is there any solution that people have found to organize apps better to make them more accessible? I can't imagine people have a thousand apps and actually using even 15% of them. Let me know your thoughts. I definitely think Infinidock and Infiniboard help.

rtr

I only keep apps that I use on my phone. It can get crowded because there are so many available. But on the other hand I think they are more integrated because it only takes one tap to get it open and ready to use.

Yeah I delete stuff I don't use. What's the point? If it's something you use once in a blue moon you can just re download it. I really don't see how they could possibly make it easier for you.

I'm thinking of taking my sim card out and putting in my old blackberry bold and getting the best of both worlds. I'm just seeing messaging/phone/integration capabilities as extremely lacking.

Just organize appropriately and you will be good to go.

App's I have 4611 downloaded in iTunes. I'm addicted and also consult many individuals and businesses. Besides "there's an app for that". I do not worry about knowing where it is just that I know I've got it..... I keep the app's I use on a regular basis on 1-3 screens as icons rest of screens are filled with folder's as mass storage. When I need something I use search and voila the app i need appears. I never know what I app I may need until I know what someone needs so I like always being prepared. My iPhone is my swiss army knife I may only use the blade daily but the toothpick is handy when needed. On average I keep 1000 apps on the ready.

P.S. what's lacking their maybe an app for that.......

ha! yup jtsv is a freak of iphone nature :) I guess I just don't have a lot of time to "play". I'd much rather find tweaks to do cool things to raise productivity than to find an app that I may or may not use but once in a blue moon. sigh...who knows. I do wish there were widgets though.

32gb play the challenge is I don't have any games except 2 chess app's rest I use on a daily basis are either productivity or utility app's I don't even youtube it is a tool not a toy or entertainment. I do love the camera and have 11706 pic's in folder's now utilizing the folder's in photo's is another story although I use faces, places and folders.

Main challenge is since I never restore or use a back up you have to wait a long time to sync this much data.

What's on my phone?
songs 41
videos 3
photos 11,706
app's 985
notes 1970
4 email account's with unlimited syncing

Everyday I figure out a new way to use my iPhone to benefit my daily life.

Yes I'm addicted

dangggg can you say power user? haha, its not that i forget about apps, but more like i get bored, take foursquare of instance, i used to have that linked to my FB account, now i just the one that facebook added and i just not deleted foursquare haha

power-user to the extreme this is my 5th iPhone 4 before I settled on the fact that all issues have been a software/hardware issue with the apple store tech finally saying "we never meant for you to have or use as much stuff......" they have always replaced the phone but now I've learned to live with the fact that "apple testing" means they try a few things and leave the rest up to if it works or not. First issues went back to my 3g and they told me "they never intended anyone to keep that many notes" I had to stop using notes, then they said too many app's, too many photo's etc... finally I said why buy a Lambo to drive it like a peddle footed kia...

If they never intended anyone to fill the folder's up they shouldn't be availble and if they say you only need 1gb to operate then why do all the iPhone default apps begin to freeze, shutdown and or SAoD whenever the phone has only 10gb free? It's because they never maxed out the phones completely or they would have known of all the issues I hate nothing more than someone releasing a product only to say "we didn't really intend for you to use it they way we say you can" problem is I have everyone saying "use it but not like you do" after all it was really only meant to be "an iPod that can make phone calls" and then they try to sell me an iPad go figure if the iPhone can't handle me do you think an iPad could?

i personally just search for and download the app for that as needed
probly take the same amout of time to search trough 1000 apps on my phone.

I find that by organizing apps into appropriately named folders, it is easy and quick to find that app.

Here are my three screens that cover 109 apps that might help:
i
i
a2a59bbcd9f38e46ef4e65f459a03fd26g.jpg

i
i

727be4c73c05ce897bbfc08a32bd03636g.jpg

i
i

f1f593c479e6ffee455582d5f9b5f7736g.jpg

Last edited: