What's new

Do iPhone 5s' from the America work in the UK?

A

ASSASINATERZ

Hello guys,

I was wondering, if iPhone 5s' from the America work in the UK, some people buy their handsets from companies such as AT&T, Verizon and Sprint which are locked to them and then they auction them on the American eBay is their a way for them to be used in the UK on those companies, do those companies exist in the UK? Can you get legal unlocks for them? Will Factory Unlocked phones from the US work with carriers in the UK? I hope someone out in the world could answer these questions because I wouldn't want to get something which isn't legal or wouldn't work in a country.

Many Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

I don't know about the unlocking as i bought my phone unlocked from the Apple Canada store directly. But the unlocked phone will work on GSM or EDGE almost anywhere. It uses all the standard GSM phone bands. (850,900,1800,1900). The sticky bit is when you talk about the LTE data bands. It depends on the country and provider what LTE bands are available.

Check this page out:
www. apple. com/iphone/LTE/

Minus the spaces, I am not sure if direct links are allowed here.

My phone is a Model A1428 so it has Band 4 and 17 so I am limited to north america for LTE coverage.

There is also the added wrinkle that you have to have a nano-sim. The provider you are going to use has to have them for them to fit in the phone. Its a new size standard.

But if you get a sim for it you can call and use the data. Just maybe not LTE.

Hope that helps.