What's new

Do I have a lemon 4s

michali

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 4S about a month ago from our local telecommunications company and I love it! However, I have noticed that on a few occasions the battery drained overnight. Not every night. But for the past two nights now, it drained completely. The night before last I made sure all my apps were closed. Last night I turned off 3G, cellular data (which I do not have anyway) closed all my apps and put the phone into airplane mode. The battery was at about 74%. This morning, eight hours later, the battery is completely drained. I have contacted the tele company but wondered if there was anything else I could try before returning the phone, which would be such a hassle! Any advice, please? I do not have this problem with my two iPads and two iPod touches.

My husband will soon be on 4s #4 because when he unplugs it from charging all night the battery life is under 95%.

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

I don't think that's normal for any iPhone. I have a 4s and nothing that drastic has ever happened as far as battery drainage is concerned. Others may have some ideas as to what could be causing it but you may be well served to head to an Apple store and have them take a look at it.

michali said:
I bought an iPhone 4S about a month ago from our local telecommunications company and I love it! However, I have noticed that on a few occasions the battery drained overnight. Not every night. But for the past two nights now, it drained completely. The night before last I made sure all my apps were closed. Last night I turned off 3G, cellular data (which I do not have anyway) closed all my apps and put the phone into airplane mode. The battery was at about 74%. This morning, eight hours later, the battery is completely drained. I have contacted the tele company but wondered if there was anything else I could try before returning the phone, which would be such a hassle! Any advice, please? I do not have this problem with my two iPads and two iPod touches.

Did you go to Settings>General>Auto Lock and check what it's set for? If it is set to never, the phone won't go to sleep and the screen will remain on, causing unnecessary battery drain.

No, I have that set. I reset network settings yesterday, fully charged it and then a bit more and used it very little. I turned it off over night and it is still 100% this morning! I will see what happens tonight. Will not turn it fully off. So I guess, if you do not use the phone, it will retain battery!! My concern was that with everything off, the battery still drained the previous night. Maybe resetting the network settings helped? Thanks for the responses.

My husband will soon be on 4s #4 because when he unplugs it from charging all night the battery life is under 95%.

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

My phone actually kind of does this too, however it's random. Sometimes when I unplug after a night's charge, it will drop a bit under 100%, and sometimes it stays at 100%. For me, I think it has to do with me perhaps using it while it's already fully charged and the charging sensor is turned off already even though it's plugged in.

Last edited:
I just got a replacement from the apple store yesterday for the same thing. As long as your under the 1 year manufacturer warranty they'll give you a new one at no cost.