What's new

Did You Get Your iPhone 6S/6S Plus Today?

Update on my faulty Power Adaptor.

After being given quite a bit of misinformation from Apple I decided to go to the Apple store and get it changed there, The young man there was very helpful and said no problem, we can change it, The first two boxes he opened also had faulty adaptors, He found one that worked on the third try, He also said they had had some brought back already.

So it seems to me I won't be the only one in the UK who gets a new iPhone with a faulty adaptor.

Update on my faulty Power Adaptor.

After being given quite a bit of misinformation from Apple I decided to go to the Apple store and get it changed there, The young man there was very helpful and said no problem, we can change it, The first two boxes he opened also had faulty adaptors, He found one that worked on the third try, He also said they had had some brought back already.

So it seems to me I won't be the only one in the UK who gets a new iPhone with a faulty adaptor.
Apparently some of the tech support people you talk to when you call do not have sufficient training to do their job properly.

I'm glad you had no trouble at the Apple Store getting your charger replaced.

It looks like the UK has its own "Chargergate";)

I got mine today after ordering last Friday. The story behind this is that it's a work phone so it was delivered at the office with two other orders under the same tracking number. So I check the UPS tracking and says its been delivered. Sweet! I head to the mail room to pick it up and they tell me that all the UPS shipments that came in this morning have been collected. I'm like what??? So the girl tells me some tall lanky guy in a red striped polo shirt picked up his phone and said his shipping receipt said there were two boxes so she gave him two boxes because the tracking number matched. We start walking through the building looking in cubes to find the tall lanky guy in a red striped polo shirt. Nothing, can't find him. I must have circled the building five times, still no luck. I'm miffed at this point because I have no idea if I will ever see this phone and the magnitude of red tape of trying to reorder another one is something I want no part of. So, its now 2:00 and i'm on a conf call and my current work phone rings. I look at the number and it's an internal number so I decide to answer it and the guy says he is so and so from the office and he thinks he has my phone because he opened the box and it was not the phone he ordered. Fortunately, the paperwork in the box had my name and cell number, so that's how he was able to reach me. Praise the Pope! I tell him the room I am in and he brings it on over and we have a good laugh about it. Now mind you, the girl said he was a tall lanky guy in a red striped polo shirt. FAIL! Short guy in a purple dress shirt... But I got my phone.
Tall lanky guy in a red striped shirt - the first thing I thought of was Waldo, and we all know how difficult he is to find :)

Just took delivery of my iPhone, Ordered it direct from Apple.
It was late in being delivered, Instead of the usual UPS it was delivered by DPD, Was very unimpressed by their service.

At any rate I have it now, Silver iPhone 6S Plus 16GB.
I will set it up later and try my Spigen case out.
Time to break out the red spray paint? ;)

Apparently some of the tech support people you talk to when you call do not have sufficient training to do their job properly.

I'm glad you had no trouble at the Apple Store getting your charger replaced.

It looks like the UK has its own "Chargergate";)
Good one sci.....Chargergate :)

Hey guys , I queued for mine .
Started queuing around midday Thursday , had a great time with some regulars . Not as long as last year though when I started on a Tuesday to queue !

Hey guys , I queued for mine .
Started queuing around midday Thursday , had a great time with some regulars . Not as long as last year though when I started on a Tuesday to queue !
Did you get the one you wanted?

Oh yes , the advantages of making sure your within the first 20 or so ensures you get the phone you want on day of launch ,

I had mine set up and was using it to make calls about 8.30 on the way home :)

Fortunately that was the easy part ......

Oh yes , the advantages of making sure your within the first 20 or so ensures you get the phone you want on day of launch ,
What did you go for? Storage, colour ect ect?

S+128rg , wanted the new color as it defined it better from last years model , 128 because I use it as my primary device for media storage , thousands of photos and apps , that being said I've about 7gb left after the back up went over !!

S+128rg , wanted the new color as it defined it better from last years model , 128 because I use it as my primary device for media storage , thousands of photos and apps , that being said I've about 7gb left after the back up went over !!
Nice.....Enjoy :)

It's pretty quick :) , Fingerprint unlock is outstandingly rapid , camera much better & im looking forward to getting some great footage using the 4K recorder :)

It's pretty quick :) , Fingerprint unlock is outstandingly rapid , camera much better & im looking forward to getting some great footage using the 4K recorder :)
Camera is great isn't it, I'm loving Notes with the sketch feature and 3D Touch, Still exploring.