What's new

Deleted photos still appearing in iCloud Photos on PC...

manyquestionsuk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some help with this.

I have taken all my photos off of my iPhone 5s (iOS 9.2) and put them on my computer. I also have iCloud Photos linked to my computer. Anyway, I have logged into my icloud.com account and there are no pictures in my Photo Album at all. HOWEVER, when I click on iCloud Photos on my PC, it gives me the option to download 100+ pictures. When I do this, it downloads a bunch of photo graphs that I had on the phone for a few mins back about six months ago, but then deleted them straight away.

I can't find any way of deleting these pictures. There is no evidence of them on my phone, on my iCloud account on the website; only when I use iCloud Photos on my PC.

Please help me with this, as I really need to get rid of these pictures. I heard there was a bug with iOS 8 which saved Recently Deleted pictures even after you'd deleted them, but I can't find them anywhere. There is also now no way to reset the iCloud Photo Stream.

Any help would be great, thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

If the images are still in iCloud PhotoStream, you can remove them from there on your PC. Here's how to do it:

1. In iCloud for Windows, select iCloud Photos from the Start menu. In iCloud Control Panel, select Photos from the Start menu.
  2. Double-click My Photo Stream.
  3. Select the photo or photos you want to delete.
  4. Right-click and select Delete.
(Apple Support)

If the images are still in iCloud PhotoStream, you can remove them from there on your PC. Here's how to do it:

1. In iCloud for Windows, select iCloud Photos from the Start menu. In iCloud Control Panel, select Photos from the Start menu.
  2. Double-click My Photo Stream.
  3. Select the photo or photos you want to delete.
  4. Right-click and select Delete.
(Apple Support)

Hi J.A

That's the problem I am having. These pictures aren't anywhere on My Photo Stream. It's almost like they've been deleted on my phone and iCloud but are still hanging around somewhere. When I am on iCloud Photos on PC, I can click "Download photos and videos" and there are a bunch of pics in there that I haven't seen for months/can't even remember taking. So where are they? Cos they're not there when I log into icloud.com and they're not on my phone.

Thanks

What's your usage in Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage - Storage - Manage Storage - Photos & Camera? Is it larger than it should be?