What's new

Deleted an important Note, in the Notes App

TwistedSunshine

Reaction score
Used the Notes App yesterday afternoon, then last night the important ‘note’ was no longer there. Thought I deleted it somehow. Checked ‘recently deleted’ folder, wasn’t there. Checked every single other note thinking I merged it somehow. Nope didn’t do that. I googled to see if I could figure out how to find it, and just redirected me back to the recently deleted folder. Also to check iCloud. There is something in my iCloud. However it is beyond me where this cloud is located. The fact I can see there is data specifically for ‘notes app’ but I don’t have the slightest clue how to get too it. Can’t click on it. I saw go to “www.icloud.com/notes” nope that showed me how to sign in, set up find my phone and to locate my phone.
Attempted to get to a back up hoping I was there, and can’t get to the back up either.

Did it literally just ghost me? Is this a bug possibly? It’s not the entire app, just an important note I need. Anyone have an idea?

I’m on an 8 plus running iOS 12.3

If you have been automatically backing up your iPhone to iCloud, one suggestion would be to restore it to factory settings and then set it up using a backup that was created before you accidentally deleted your note.

It could be a bug related to you running iOS beta software on your iPhone.

If you have been automatically backing up your iPhone to iCloud, one suggestion would be to restore it to factory settings and then set it up using a backup that was created before you accidentally deleted your note.
iCloud doesn’t backup what’s already stored in iCloud. If the missing note has been saved to iCloud, a backup will not restore it.

To take a look at your notes in iCloud, go to www.icloud.com on a computer. If you try this on an iPhone or iPad, you‘d have to request the desktop site when you‘re using a browser. (That‘s why you only saw how to sign in, find your device, ...)

Login and go to the Notes folder.

Maybe you can find the lost note there.

Check, if iCloud is set up there is also a "On My iPhone" Account. You will have one selected as default.

Next, open Notes and tap the 'arrow', that looks unlike an arrow, at the top left. This will take you to the Folders area where you can select which group of notes to look at.