What's new

Delete unwanted APPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgpuppet said:
I agree with Ewyatt, I kept deleting an app. Didn't why I Kept showing on my phone, untill I deleted it from iTunes,

Just disable automatic syncing in iTunes. Won't happen anymore.

This thread is kinda funny.

You CANNOT delete apps from your account PERIOD.

You can hide them...and what is so wrong with that anyway.

If you don't want delete apps to sync back to your phone through iTunes...then delete the apps from iTunes,,,,,,or BETTER YET...*disable automatic syncing*.

Automatic syncing is why iTunes transfers deleted apps to your device when you plug it in.

Its all very simple.

In iTunes:
Edit
Preferences
Devices
Tick the small box beside "Prevent iPhones, iPods, and iPads from syncing automatically".

Be sure to click the OK button to ensure changes are saved.

I'm having the same problem. But, when I go into iTunes, there is no "Apps" listed on the left. I deleted two apps on my phone, then discovered they were still in the "purchased" list, so I hid them. I want them off my phone completely. Is this possible?

In iTunes...Edit>Preferences>General Make sure you have "Apps" checked so that they will show in your library.
Then close out of the edit screen and Apps should be showing on the left side under library. When you click on apps, all of them should appear. Some will be listed as iPod and iPhone. Some will be listed under iPod, iPhone, and iPad. You can do your updates from here as well as delete them. You delete by right clicking. This will remove them from your sync page all together. I should clarify that these are not the apps you find under purchases

If you don't want delete apps to sync back to your phone through iTunes...then delete the apps from iTunes,,,,,,or BETTER YET...*disable automatic syncing*.

Automatic syncing is why iTunes transfers deleted apps to your device when you plug it in.

Its all very simple.

In iTunes:
Edit
Preferences
Devices
Tick the small box beside "Prevent iPhones, iPods, and iPads from syncing automatically".

Just an "simple" observation from a "newbee".

I bought a Mac computer and joined a forum.
I bought a digital camera and joined a forum.
I bought a Weber gas grill and joined a forum.
I bought a Navigation system for my car and joined a forum.
I was blessed with a grandchild and joined a forum.
I installed Photoshop and joined a forum.

In all cases, I joined these forums because I was excited and wanted to learn more. However, I quickly learned just how stupid I was because in every case there was one person on each forum who was apparently born knowing all these things and took pleasure in telling everyone how smart he/she was and how little everyone else knew.

I thought the iPhone forum would be different. Again, I was stupid. I guess I'll never learn.

Glad we amused you.

Troyster said:
Just an "simple" observation from a "newbee".

I bought a Mac computer and joined a forum.
I bought a digital camera and joined a forum.
I bought a Weber gas grill and joined a forum.
I bought a Navigation system for my car and joined a forum.
I was blessed with a grandchild and joined a forum.
I installed Photoshop and joined a forum.

In all cases, I joined these forums because I was excited and wanted to learn more. However, I quickly learned just how stupid I was because in every case there was one person on each forum who was apparently born knowing all these things and took pleasure in telling everyone how smart he/she was and how little everyone else knew.

I thought the iPhone forum would be different. Again, I was stupid. I guess I'll never learn.

Glad we amused you.

The only thing that amused me is that everyone assumed that iTunes is a piece of crap...blaming the wrong thing...when all they had to do was search on how to disable automatic syncing.

It is extremely amusing to me when people point the finger at one particular thing and say its flawed when they simply did no research on it.

Its all very simple.

In iTunes:
Edit
Preferences
Devices

This is exactly right
the second and third sentences sum it up
Shame that people dont read what you said
Mind you, sometimes your posts take a little deciphering

dbplumb said:
This is exactly right
the second and third sentences sum it up
Shame that people dont read what you said
Mind you, sometimes your posts take a little deciphering

Sorry about that.

The only thing that amused me is that everyone assumed that iTunes is a piece of crap...blaming the wrong thing...when all they had to do was search on how to disable automatic syncing.

It is extremely amusing to me when people point the finger at one particular thing and say its flawed when they simply did no research on it.

Funny....I don't see where Troyster did that???? He simply asked a question and hoped it would be answered without being made fun of...

Disabling automatic syncing doesn't cure anything, only treats a symptom. And not a very good treatment at that.

Funny....I don't see where Troyster did that???? He simply asked a question and hoped it would be answered without being made fun of... .

Strange comprehension here or am I missing some feud or something
He asked for it with his provocative, somewhat amusing, post

Disabling automatic syncing doesn't cure anything, only treats a symptom. And not a very good treatment at that.

Hiding useless apps means I can delete it from my phone and it does not show up in Itunes, and when I am cruising the App store i dont download it again cos it is marked "Installed" pricking my (old) memory
Disabling auto syncing allows me to share my apps selectively with my family (and them with me ) and means we dont have to have multiple iterations of Itunes or Windows user accounts, just our own Apple IDs.
The only downside is that we occasionly have to swap phones and put our ID in to update each others Apps

Strange comprehension here or am I missing some feud or something
He asked for it with his provocative, somewhat amusing, post

Provocative...amusing? I asked for it? How immature you are. But, thanks for proving my point. It's called a discussion forum Sir. In the U.S. that means you discuss subjects without adding your negative comments and without proving how much smarter you are than everyone else. Actually, this forum is no different than any other that I've joined, which is why I will not visit it again after this message is sent.

A lot of negative people stay at discussion forums. Why? Because this is their only chance to make themselves feel smart and worth something. When you visit a discussion forum you don’t always know who you’re dealing with, but you're hoping to get some help. Unfortunately, a lot of people are quite negative and even downright nasty. I vow to only visit discussion forums that inspire me and make me feel good. This is not one of them, sorry to say. The iPhone is not that complicated and you negative people have no grounds for feeling superior because you've owned one longer than someone else. In short, get a life!

xrayeyes said:
Funny....I don't see where Troyster did that???? He simply asked a question and hoped it would be answered without being made fun of...

I was directing the post to the *other* posters that were blaming iTunes for they're problems.

It WAS NOT directed to the OP in any way at all..in any form. Tho I thought that was completely obvious since the OP didn't seem to blame anything....I don't think....he just asked a simple question.

Perhaps I should have stated that my post was not directed towards the OP tho.

The your "not a very good treatment" theory makes no sense...it's not a "treatment" or a solution...it's just "how it is".....how iTunes works. And that is all I was getting across...that's just how it is. I want trying to post the "solution" you assumed I was trying to.

I didn't say I could fix the problem...I stated that you CANNOT DO what the OP was asking..period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.