What's new

Delete unwanted APPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knarf

Reaction score
I have purchased a number of APPs that I do not want to use. The APPs appear at "App Store", "Purchased". How can I delete these unwanted APPs from my phone? Thanks for your help.

Knarf

When your in app store on your phone and have the list of purchased apps simply slide your finger across any app you don't want to see and the option to hide will appear

To totally delete them, you have to do it in iTunes.

Bring up iTunes, then go to Apps under the list on the left...do not go under your device. Then right click on the app and delete.

Now that I have deleted Plaxo from the Apps, how can I recover my screwed up Contacts? I have them in a Windows folder and also re installed them in Outlook.

I still have not been able to delete unwanted apps. On the phone, I have hidden the apps so they do not appear in purchased apps. In iTunes I have gone to "account information", "iTunes in the cloud", "view hidden purchases", "apps", and the hidden apps I want to permanently delete from the phone and iTunes appear. The only option available at this point is to unhide the apps. I can not find out how to delete them. In iTunes, when I go to "apps" in the left column, the apps in question do not appear. I did not think that all of this would be that complicated!!! Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Knarf

Hold each app down until they wiggle. Tap the X, and select delete, then confirm.

Hold each app down until they wiggle. Tap the X, and select delete, then confirm.

You're correct; however, the next time you go to iTunes those "deleted" apps on your phone may somehow be reinstalled on your iPhone from the iTunes apps tab! Believe it. Hate it.

I agree with Ewyatt, I kept deleting an app. Didn't why I Kept showing on my phone, untill I deleted it from iTunes,

Did you sync those apps from your iTunes on the computer? Are those apps in the iTunes library on said computer?

I purchased the apps from the phone and I do not believe I synced them to iTunes. The apps are not in the iTunes library. They do appear in iTunes, as I noted earlier, in accounts.

Sync them with iTunes and then you should be able to delete them from the Apps section under the library.

Knarf said:
I purchased the apps from the phone and I do not believe I synced them to iTunes. The apps are not in the iTunes library. They do appear in iTunes, as I noted earlier, in accounts.

But do you control app syncing in the computer? What happens when you plug your phone in?

Soap box comment on this whole thread: when you delete an app on your iPhone, it should be deleted permanently! Period. iTunes should NOT have an over-riding power or influence to re-install your deleted app when you connect and synch your phone thereafter. But it does, and that's another one of several dozen reasons why iTunes should be "banned" from the planet.

To totally delete them, you have to do it in iTunes.

Bring up iTunes, then go to Apps under the list on the left...do not go under your device. Then right click on the app and delete.

I'm having the same problem. But, when I go into iTunes, there is no "Apps" listed on the left. I deleted two apps on my phone, then discovered they were still in the "purchased" list, so I hid them. I want them off my phone completely. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.