What's new

Cydia Application Scaling To Small Window!

LoveRhyme

Reaction score
The Cydia application scales to a small window after a while when downloading other applications in Cydia, I have no clue why this is happening, I can't even uninstall Cydia because the icons are too small and won't respond; it's happened twice and I have no clue how to fix other than having to restore my iPhone 4S all over again; does anyone have any suggestions on how to reset Cydia back to it's original stage then having to go through the whole process again in order to get Cydia back to normal; see photo; thanks!

$2013-02-09 21.35.56.jpg

Last edited:
That happened to me about 2 years ago. I never found an easy way out of it. I ended up restoring. I have since learned there is a way to force your device into safe mode. While in safe mode none of the JB tweaks or apps are running. Once in safe mode start removing JB tweaks starting with the most recent. At some point it should go back to normal. So how does one get into safe mode? I can't recall exactly. But it's something like "hold the volume up button while you do a power cycle". I know the volume up button is part of the equation. Just not sure about the rest. Good luck.

Yep that's it.
-Power down your device.
-Press and hold the volume up button while you boot up.
-When its up and running launch Cydia.
-Start removing stuff starting with the most recent thing you added.
-Reboot normally to check progress.
-Repeat if necessary until all is good again.

Good luck.